Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

People who finger the packs at the stores

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

geloneck

Jan 27, 2011
One of my pet peeves is when I see an adult or a teenager at the sports cards, fingering the packs so that they can get the hot cards. It really irritates me when they try to push me out of the way and act like I'm being rude when I don't move out of their way. Then when I tell them that I know what they're up to, they act like I'm from another planet and that is certainly not what they're doing at all, and they always put on this act like I'm supposed to believe that they're as honest as the day is long!

That's why I like to buy the retail boxes instead of the packs on the racks.

I like to note what they are wearing and go to security and tell them I saw them put stuff in their pockets. Then I stand by and laugh while security holds them at the door and goes through their stuff. The embarrassment it causes usually deters them from such "fingering" in the future. Security lives to stop people at the door! Good Times! :D

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
I like to note what they are wearing and go to security and tell them I saw them put stuff in their pockets. Then I stand by and laugh while security holds them at the door and goes through their stuff. The embarrassment it causes usually deters them from such "fingering" in the future. Security lives to stop people at the door! Good Times! :D

This is probably WAY more effective than trying to explain "searching" to them. Nice

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
:lol: :lol: :lol:

CraigsCards1

Oct 16, 2010
New York, NY
Unfortunately I think there's a huge sector of the collecting population who doesn't see anything wrong with pack searching. Then again, if the card companies and the big box stores won't do anything to stop it, maybe they don't think there's anything wrong with it either.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
CraigsCards1 said:
Unfortunately I think there's a huge sector of the collecting population who doesn't see anything wrong with pack searching. Then again, if the card companies and the big box stores won't do anything to stop it, maybe they don't think there's anything wrong with it either.

The way I see it, even though pack searching is bad, technically they are not stealing the merch so they can't be punished (as long as they pay for it. I am sure a few of them slip a few packs into the undies before exiting Wally World).

I am not defending them at all because as an avid buyer of retail cards, it's nice to find the occasional hit. My point for the statement is that if they are paying for them, they won't rush to stop people from searching, as long as they are buying the merch.

That is freak'n AWESOME.

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
if the card companies and the big box stores won't do anything to stop it
\

dont you think they have tried. DO you want them to make all game used an patch cards redemptions so people cant pack search. Decoy cards dont work as well as most would think. Gridiron Gear football uses the cellophane packs around the pack but those are still search able. Also any major overhaul in how packs would be protected against this would be a major cost an they would pass it on to the consumer.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
t3dudek said:
if the card companies and the big box stores won't do anything to stop it
\

dont you think they have tried. DO you want them to make all game used an patch cards redemptions so people cant pack search. Decoy cards dont work as well as most would think. Gridiron Gear football uses the cellophane packs around the pack but those are still search able. Also any major overhaul in how packs would be protected against this would be a major cost an they would pass it on to the consumer.

I came across a searching vid on YouTube, and the guy said "They will keep throwing us curveballs but we will keep finding ways around them"

What's really bad is when you see good hits being pulled like Ruth bat cards from searchers, and when they do "Cross Country" trips where they go between like 3 states and hit anywhere with cards.

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
When I see people pack searching I just walk past the card section because there is no point in buying something if I don't get the fair chance of getting a hit by buying a few packs. I also don't understand how grown men on here get all upset about it and have to tell security and snicker in the corner like a 8 year old kid. You have too much time on your hands brotha man. And retail sucks for the most part unless you take a chance and buy one of those sealed $19.99 boxes that have like 12 or so packs.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'm sorry all I saw were the words "finger" and "racks" and I starting thinking dirty thoughts. Now I'm going to go look for a "motorboat"

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
George_Calfas said:
69MetsFan said:
gvsu96 said:
I fingered a pack once. No good came from it. I had to get married and now I have a kid.

Exactly what finger did you use, Josh? ;)

His little one.

I think it is a variety:

Shocker+2.0+mcs.jpg

Members online