Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any Tips On In-Person Autographing?? Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardfreak31

Jul 9, 2011
Hi all,
I'm going to attempt at doing some in person autographing at a trenton thunder game saturday..they open there gates an hour before the game so i plan to be there 5 minutes before the gates open.
Now Here is some questions that I REALLY need answered!!!
1) Where should i go to get autographs? By the dug outs? By the 1st base or 3rd base line during batting practice???
2) IF at 2nd base or 1st base line should i be close to the home plate ?? Or near the middle of the line

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
sportscardfreak31 said:
Hi all,
I'm going to attempt at doing some in person autographing at a trenton thunder game saturday..they open there gates an hour before the game so i plan to be there 5 minutes before the gates open.
Now Here is some questions that I REALLY need answered!!!
1) Where should i go to get autographs? By the dug outs? By the 1st base or 3rd base line during batting practice???

Go down the 1st base line.
After game go out the front and left until you see the team bus and wait for him.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
1. know there jersey # so you will know thier name
2.take extra markers and proper for the cards you want signed .[blue]
3.be willing to share a marker .
4.follow the others that act like they're getting autos .
5. wait your turn .
6 . STAND near a good looking girl/woman :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
7. say thank you to those that sign - remember they don't have to sign and some won't

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Also call the player politely by the first name to come over to sign for you.
Have the card rubbed down (with baby powder, eraser, etc.) and ready for the player to sign.
I agree that having a cute girl or a child with you usually helps!
DANNY

sportscardfreak31

Jul 9, 2011
Hahahaha
I plan to cover 1st base line (Home dug out) while my brother hits the 3rd base line (Vistors dug out) I plan to bring photos to be signed (Just team logos,Stadium photos ETC),Baseballs, And a yankee cap. I also plan to bring a print out of the line up to learn names + numbers.

ONE MORE question! Does the team leave the dug out once there done batting practice

19braves77

Oct 23, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Baseball regardless if its Major or Minor League follow the same pattern. Managers arrive 4 hours before game time, pitchers and catchers then arrive first, players come out thirty to forty minutes before game time. The trick with Minor league stadiums is the stadium plays a big part in how you graph.

Click on my blog below for what to expect in different stadiums.

Outside of that my advice:

Early bird gets the worm
Don't depend on others
Get the scouts in the stands.Last week in Ogden I got Royce Clayton and Mike Morgan. Would have never known who they were if I didn't ask...

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
most before game - 64 , average 5
09-22-2010071723PM-1.jpg

Yankees world series ring - scout in stands let me get picture wearing

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
dano7 said:
Also call the player politely by the first name to come over to sign for you.
Have the card rubbed down (with baby powder, eraser, etc.) and ready for the player to sign.
I agree that having a cute girl or a child with you usually helps!
DANNY

If before the game, stand between the cute girl and the dugout. The players will make their way to the dugout.

Members online

Latest posts