Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Diamondbacks - Most stacked farm system in baseball?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
A few backs prospects have hit the majors recently including Miley, Goldschmidt, and Cowgill

Goldschmidt - .306 with 30 HRs in AA and already has a few Major League bombs under his belt.
Cowgill - hitting .354 before his promotion

However, I spent all day researching the backs farm system and I can't help but be impressed. It's almost a gold mine...

Trevor Bauer
Tyler Skaggs
Jarrod Parker

Patrick Corbin
Ryan Wheeler - .299, 15 HRs
A.J. ******* - .306, 7 HRs, 31 SBs
Marc Krauss - Batting .242 after hitting .302 w/ 25 HRs last season
Matt Davidson
Bobby Borchering
Collmenter has also been a big surprise in the MLB
Chris Owings

I just wanted to shine some light on a farm system that does not get the credit it deserves. Do you think it's the most stacked in baseball?

I can't wait to see the backs pitching staff a couple years down the road :D :D :D

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
azbaseballfan said:
Do you think it's the most stacked in baseball?

If not them, the Blue Jays are pretty close, if not equal.

Pitchers - Henderson Alvarez, Deck McGuire, Drew Hutchison, Asher Wojciechowski, Aaron Sanchez, Adonys Cardona, Noah Syndergaard, Justin Nicolino, Chad Jenkins, Joe Musgrove, Griffin Murphy, Kevin Comer, Daniel Norris, John Stilson.

Position players - Jake Marisnick, Adeiny Hechavarria, Anthony Gose, Dickie Joe Thon, Brett Lawrie, Kellen Sweeney, Christian Lopes, Travis d'Arnaud, Carlos Perez, Jacob Anderson, Dwight Smith Jr.

And that's coming from a Rays fan.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
azbaseballfan said:
...I can't wait to see the backs pitching staff a couple years down the road :D :D :D
Looks good on paper...we'll have to wait and see if they stay healthy and are able to perform in the bigs.

Sincerely,
Orioles
;)

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
...Position players - Jake Marisnick, Adeiny Hechavarria, Anthony Gose, Dickie Joe Thon, Brett Lawrie, Kellen Sweeney, Christian Lopes, Travis d'Arnaud, Carlos Perez, Jacob Anderson, Dwight Smith Jr...
I don't want to lead the thread too far away from the D-Back's system, but it's surprising to me how little (zero, actually) pub David Cooper has received. Any reason why no one mentions him?

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
carlitoson said:
Jaypers said:
...Position players - Jake Marisnick, Adeiny Hechavarria, Anthony Gose, Dickie Joe Thon, Brett Lawrie, Kellen Sweeney, Christian Lopes, Travis d'Arnaud, Carlos Perez, Jacob Anderson, Dwight Smith Jr...
I don't want to lead the thread too far away from the D-Back's system, but it's surprising to me how little (zero, actually) pub David Cooper has received. Any reason why no one mentions him?
He has no pop. And as a first basemen you need pop.

And I'll go with the Jays system as well as the best

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Jaypers said:
azbaseballfan said:

Pitchers - Henderson Alvarez, Deck McGuire, Drew Hutchison, Asher Wojciechowski, Aaron Sanchez, Adonys Cardona, Noah Syndergaard, Justin Nicolino, Chad Jenkins, Joe Musgrove, Griffin Murphy, Kevin Comer, Daniel Norris, John Stilson.

Position players - Jake Marisnick, Adeiny Hechavarria, Anthony Gose, Dickie Joe Thon, Brett Lawrie, Kellen Sweeney, Christian Lopes, Travis d'Arnaud, Carlos Perez, Jacob Anderson, Dwight Smith Jr.

I'd add pitcher Myles Jaye and OF Chris Hawkins to that list.

brianga26

Aug 7, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hallsgator said:
carlitoson said:
Jaypers said:
He has no pop. And as a first basemen you need pop.

And I'll go with the Jays system as well as the best

he is a terrible defender too

t3dudek

Mar 20, 2010
Toronto pitcher Brad Mills always goes over looked. he was the starting pitcher of the AAA all star game. the kid just never gets any attention

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
azbaseballfan said:

I'd also add Marcus Knecht to the position players list.

The pitching is ridiculous at this point. Which is great because obviously half or so won't work out. But manoman, can you ever dream on that list.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
azbaseballfan said:
A few backs prospects have hit the majors recently including Miley, Goldschmidt, and Cowgill

Goldschmidt - .306 with 30 HRs in AA and already has a few Major League bombs under his belt.

However, I spent all day researching the backs farm system and I can't help but be impressed. It's almost a gold mine...

Trevor Bauer
Tyler Skaggs
Jarrod Parker

Patrick Corbin
Matt Davidson
Bobby Borchering
Chris Owings

I just wanted to shine some light on a farm system that does not get the credit it deserves. Do you think it's the most stacked in baseball?

I can't wait to see the backs pitching staff a couple years down the road :D :D :D

I see a bunch of good prospects but not a single future star outside of MAYBE Bauer. I think you have to have more than one Top 50-type prospect to be near the top of the farm system rankings

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Jaypers said:
azbaseballfan said:

See my comment on previous page, same goes

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
Keyser Soze said:
azbaseballfan said:

Trevor Bauer
Tyler Skaggs
Jarrod Parker

Patrick Corbin
Matt Davidson
Bobby Borchering
Chris Owings

I see a bunch of good prospects but not a single future star outside of MAYBE Bauer. I think you have to have more than one Top 50-type prospect to be near the top of the farm system rankings

I can almost guarantee Bauer, Skaggs, and Bradley will make the top 50. Bauer should be top 15, Skaggs top 25, and Bradley towards the back end of the top 50.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
The Nats aint bad.

Bryce Harper
Anthony Rendon
A.J. Cole
Matt Purke
Alex Meyer
Brad Peacock
Derek Norris
Robbie Ray
Brian Goodwin
Sammy Solis
Destin Hood

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
I completely forgot about Archie Bradley! ::facepalm::

Skaggs is a top 20 pitcher. He's got 172 K's in 138 innings on the year, and his ERA even dropped since he was promoted to AA! Gotta love his Platinum autos for $5 a pop.

As for Bauer, I'm just hoping he sees some time in AZ soon.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Keyser Soze said:
Jaypers said:
azbaseballfan said:

See my comment on previous page, same goes
Lawrie, dArnaud, Marisnick, Gose Hutchison, Nicolino, and Syndergaard could all be top 50 next season (if eligible).

Latest posts