Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

edit: mystery solved - thanks out to ronzo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
I haven't ordered anything from the Bay in a few weeks, give or take. So I come home from work and see a padded envelope with my name and address on it. Inside are single hits to my Topps 205 Dodger Brooklyn-back mini set, '06 Topps Declaration of Independence set and '07 A&G Flags of all Nations set.

No note, no invoice, no eBay username, no auction number, no nothing. I didn't order these cards, so I'm guessing I"m the target of a random act of kindness. I'm going to post this note on the three boards I frequent - whoever you are, thank you very much. I'd like to be more personal in my thanks, so please speak up if you're the guilty party!

BTW, I've got a first & last name on the return address, but I think he's merely the card seller - I don't correspond with anyone named Ron that I can think of.

edit - mystery solved. Got a tip via PM on the ID of the mystery sender. That triggered a thought, so I went to check my old PMs. I totally forgot that Ron (ronzo) and I had exchanged PMs about Topps 205 and Topps 206 starting in February and ending in early July. He'd found a few cards from my list and offered to send them out.

Muchas gracias, Ron! Much appreciated!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Re: cards in from eBay, on my wantlist... I didn't order them?

theres a will clark collector with the name Ron here, package from CA?

TNP777

Aug 7, 2008
the 209
Re: cards in from eBay, on my wantlist... I didn't order them?

No, not Fresno Ron - return addy is in PA

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
TNP777 said:
I haven't ordered anything from the Bay in a few weeks, give or take. So I come home from work and see a padded envelope with my name and address on it. Inside are single hits to my Topps 205 Dodger Brooklyn-back mini set, '06 Topps Declaration of Independence set and '07 A&G Flags of all Nations set.

No note, no invoice, no eBay username, no auction number, no nothing. I didn't order these cards, so I'm guessing I"m the target of a random act of kindness. I'm going to post this note on the three boards I frequent - whoever you are, thank you very much. I'd like to be more personal in my thanks, so please speak up if you're the guilty party!

BTW, I've got a first & last name on the return address, but I think he's merely the card seller - I don't correspond with anyone named Ron that I can think of.

edit - mystery solved. Got a tip via PM on the ID of the mystery sender. That triggered a thought, so I went to check my old PMs. I totally forgot that Ron (ronzo) and I had exchanged PMs about Topps 205 and Topps 206 starting in February and ending in early July. He'd found a few cards from my list and offered to send them out.

Muchas gracias, Ron! Much appreciated!

man, the nerve of some people!!

on another note, what cards are you still needing for the declaration set? i opened alot of that stuff and have a bunch somewhere.

Members online

Latest posts