Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UW Mail Week - HOFer - Bengal/Patriot Love and a story!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uw91

Jun 23, 2011
Puget Sound, WA
It started back in early July... The day finally came where the card I was watching was ending. A beauty, numbered with my numbersake and easily a new Top 3 card for the PC. I was going to hand snipe this card and make sure the price didn't get out of hand and I was certain to land it. I had eBay mobile ready to rock, watching the minutes and seconds tick off the time. We were on the move, a mission to find 4th of July explosives to make the gods proud. 6 minutes to go... iPhone reads 'Searching...' on the signal. WHAT!?!?! I'm out of range! Tick-tock-tick-tock.... I turn to my bro; DRIVE FASTER, I have to get in range. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..... Ended. I was PISSED!

Weeks go by, sorrow has finally faded to reality. Then, a stroke of genius, someone on here posts that you can see who the winner was by checking feedback. I find the buyer, message him in hopes he has a heart and would be willing to part with this super card. A week rolls by and I get a response, he's a Dillon collector... and this was a PC item. RAT-FARTS!!!! We go back and forth on a possible trade, failing on the fact that he's been looking for this card over the ages. He offers me an olive branch... "Find me one, and we can trade." JACKPOT! To Google I go... Burbank Sports Cards has one, sweet... they want $10 less than book. WTF? $54 DLVD on a 97 auto that went for $20. OK, no. I counter with $40 DLVD... they pass and said they can't take the loss. (haha, OK, gain some more dust) I take a break. Google misses me after a week, so I say 'hello' with another search. CRAIGSLIST JACKPOT!!! Turns out a guy posted a Lot of Corey Dillon cards that included this card w/ a different number. He agrees to sell the one card from his lot. It arrives, I have to part with 2 other Dillon cards for the guys PC, and off she goes. Today..... It arrives.

Ladies and Gentleman, UW91 presents you with the 91st of 100 Skybox Autographic Century Mark for one of the UW greats; Corey Dillon.

HOFers.jpg

I also added this sweet Warren Moon from Press Pass that was in full color and in his UW gear! Lawyer Milloy is just a plain stud, and one of the best safeties to come out of the U of W.

Thanks for reading. Kids, never stop reaching for the stars because if you fall short, you may still land on the moon!

uw91

Jun 23, 2011
Puget Sound, WA
Thank you. That Dillon was a card that tested every bit of my hunting skills. The Moon fell in my lap, as I was looking for a different card to put in my PC, but I really liked this one. And the Milloy, well, it's the best auto'd card of him in his UW gear. There weren't many of those out there. Almost spent $10 on that one card, until someone posted it with another card on ebay for a 1.99 auction. perfect!

lumm0x said:
3 great cards of 3 great players! Nice PC adds.

uw91

Jun 23, 2011
Puget Sound, WA
mortz93 said:
Sweet Lawyer Milloy

Thanks. The guy was a beast of a hitter. It was funny how the Press Pass auto was the more difficult one to find, because they are like water in today's collecting world. haha

Love the SPA 'wishful thinking' design in your signature.

Jul 23, 2011
SAN DIEGO, CA
uw91 said:
UODucksbestcollector said:
GO DUCKS!!

yes.... and take the rest of the cheaters with you. ::facepalm::

whoa, whoa, whoa...that's harsh...cheaters....i highly doubt that...are you talking about Lache Seastrunk who didn't play a snap (redshirted freshman)...who just transferred?? I don't call that cheating at all...had he won us a Heisman...like BUSH, NEWTON, or almost Terrelle Pryor, then i'd agree...but cheaters....NAAAAAAA playa....

I smell hating...but that's what people do when someone new is king of pac 10 errrr pac 12....

uw91

Jun 23, 2011
Puget Sound, WA
You smell 'hating'... which makes sense, as you are at your own keyboard. I wasn't the one that hijacked a post with 'GO DUCKS!!' and no additional comment. I would have been much more civil had you added a bit to that, but oh well.

I'm talking about;
$25,000 to a street agent (PROVEN)
Assistance to recruits in getting around LOI's and university tests (PROVEN)
Breaking the rules within the 5 year probation period that your RB coach Campbell got you put on. (NCAA Investigation current)
400 text messages/contacts with a known street agent, during quiet periods, and beyond NCAA rules. "No verbal communication of scouts with recruiting services are allowed" (PROVEN)
LaMike and his 'Uncle' that traded his Land Rover for LMJ's Mustang
LaMike and how $9,000 magically appeared in a bank account for him.
Willie Lyles joining LMJ at the award's ceremony.

And this isn't even bringing in The Baron Flenory and all of his 'influence'.

The ducks are ROTTEN to the core, sorry playa. Sorry that your short ride to the top will forever be tainted.

uw91 said:
GO DUCKS!!

yes.... and take the rest of the cheaters with you. ::facepalm::

whoa, whoa, whoa...that's harsh...cheaters....i highly doubt that...are you talking about Lache Seastrunk who didn't play a snap (redshirted freshman)...who just transferred?? I don't call that cheating at all...had he won us a Heisman...like BUSH, NEWTON, or almost Terrelle Pryor, then i'd agree...but cheaters....NAAAAAAA playa....

I smell hating...but that's what people do when someone new is king of pac 10 errrr pac 12....

Jul 23, 2011
SAN DIEGO, CA
i loved the cards...i just didn't add that in,

c'mon bro you gotta come harder than that....that's it....

so your upset because the Ducks have been on top of Pac 10 since 08 and we have wrist slap incidents?? that's it?? i've never heard of land rovers, and 9,000 before until now...but if what your saying is true...then of course it's against the rules...but if that's the case we wouldn't be bowl eligible and wouldn't be conf. champs either...of course it's against the rules...but i don't see any restrictions........

only about Lyles and Seastrunk...nothing about LJ....

Lyles is LJ mentor by the way since he was in high school which pretty much obsoletes your amission of him being at the heisman presentation...

so i'm sorry your mad at us for wrist slaps...but...IF...IF we do commit serious infractions IE...BUSH, NEWTON, OHIO ST, SMU, ETC....then by all means....

until then...

we're still the best on the field period...

nice cards...glad you got to hunt down those cards...i do the same, search up feedback...9/10 times it works...i'll keep an eye out for UW for ya...

-DUCK FAN FROM TRI-CITIES...

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Bummer.

You probably already have, but have you attempted him via TTM? I tried a few months ago and had a success within around two weeks.

uw91

Jun 23, 2011
Puget Sound, WA
Thanks for the compliment on the cards, appreciated.

Of course you don't see any restrictions, as the NCAA has set up shop at Oregon to investigate everything.

Oregon paid Lyles for his influence, which is a HUGE no-no. Lyles was a mentor to James, which means that he had influence over James. Once it is proven that any benefits were given to Lyles, Oregon is done. It would fall within the 5 year probation that your RB Campbell got put on the school and you would immediately get nailed. The fact that your Basketball team is in trouble, as well, means that your punishment is going to be great than it would with only 1 sport.

This is far beyond what Bush and Ohio St, but is further and closer to Newton. Players weren't accepting money... your head coach was paying to influence better players to come to Oregon. USC and Ohio St. had the talent, they just did dumb things. Oregon paid to get the talent, which is much worse and carries the heavier definition of 'Cheater'.

There are no 'IF's in this one for me, as I'm a bit smarter than a fan that is blindly following a program. (I give you credit, as you at least leave the door open) You may be the best in the PAC at the moment, but you paid the price to get there... which the NCAA will kindly make you repay.

You'll probably get another season out before anything happens, then Kelly will bolt, and all will come crashing.

Enjoy the season.

i loved the cards...i just didn't add that in,

c'mon bro you gotta come harder than that....that's it....

so your upset because the Ducks have been on top of Pac 10 since 08 and we have wrist slap incidents?? that's it?? i've never heard of land rovers, and 9,000 before until now...but if what your saying is true...then of course it's against the rules...but if that's the case we wouldn't be bowl eligible and wouldn't be conf. champs either...of course it's against the rules...but i don't see any restrictions........

only about Lyles and Seastrunk...nothing about LJ....

Lyles is LJ mentor by the way since he was in high school which pretty much obsoletes your amission of him being at the heisman presentation...

so i'm sorry your mad at us for wrist slaps...but...IF...IF we do commit serious infractions IE...BUSH, NEWTON, OHIO ST, SMU, ETC....then by all means....

until then...

we're still the best on the field period...

nice cards...glad you got to hunt down those cards...i do the same, search up feedback...9/10 times it works...i'll keep an eye out for UW for ya...

-DUCK FAN FROM TRI-CITIES...

Members online

Latest posts