Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Epitome of a Prospect Mailday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
I feel like a kid on Chri.....err, I mean the first night of Hannukah. :cool:

BA.jpg

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
LLWesMan said:
So which of those four guys will have a bust season? Last year it was Morales...

I don't want to piss anyone off, but I'm thinking Snider. Sorry, Canucks.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
I know Fetali is nasty, but i have feeling he'll have the worse season, mostly because of where he is pitching. However he'll have a winning record, his ERA, WHIP stats won't be dominant.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Anyone know if its on newstands? I've supposedly got one coming (but I think I paid late & it's not here yet...I WANT IT NOW!) :lol:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Anyone know if its on newstands? I've supposedly got one coming (but I think I paid late & it's not here yet...I WANT IT NOW!) :lol:

My Barnes & Noble says 2/24. Unacceptable. :lol:

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I never understood how it is the secret weapon for fantasy league success. Most of these guys won't hit the majors this year, and half of those that do will struggle. Guys like Price and Bruce are well known even outside of a prospect handbook, so casual fantasy players will know to grab them.

Anyway, I can't wait to get my copy from Amazon. I ordered it with the Prospectus, so I get the best of both worlds.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Tomlinson21RB said:
I never understood how it is the secret weapon for fantasy league success. Most of these guys won't hit the majors this year, and half of those that do will struggle. Guys like Price and Bruce are well known even outside of a prospect handbook, so casual fantasy players will know to grab them.

Anyway, I can't wait to get my copy from Amazon. I ordered it with the Prospectus, so I get the best of both worlds.

It's a sell tactic - they want the book to appeal to passerby in book stores. Anyone buying it online or directly doesn't need to be sold.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i was led to believe that those that ordered the book from them would receive a book that has
31 ranked prospects for each team.

Your scan shows that they are just throwing in an extra booklet. Strange.

i realize time restraints with printing and all, but i thought that it would be one exclusive book.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
LLWesMan said:
So which of those four guys will have a bust season? Last year it was Morales...

Let's not forget the 2001 cover. Apparently it was a 1a or 1b cover in Corey Patterson or Josh Hamilton...Patterson won out.

The 2001 "Elite Eight" were Ryan Anderson, Josh Beckett, Corey Patterson, Sean Burroughs, Josh Hamilton, CC Sabathia, Jon Rauch and Ben Sheets.

adamcm

Aug 7, 2008
Tomlinson21RB said:

Keeper leagues possibly?

Wes

OG
Administrator
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Jaypers said:
LLWesMan said:

Let's not forget the 2001 cover. Apparently it was a 1a or 1b cover in Corey Patterson or Josh Hamilton...Patterson won out.

The 2001 "Elite Eight" were Ryan Anderson, Josh Beckett, Corey Patterson, Sean Burroughs, Josh Hamilton, CC Sabathia, Jon Rauch and Ben Sheets.

Well up until 07 that wasn't looking so bad!

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
darocker80 said:
I know Fetali is nasty, but i have feeling he'll have the worse season, mostly because of where he is pitching. However he'll have a winning record, his ERA, WHIP stats won't be dominant.

Feliz is the next Edwin Jackson except his slider isn't even as good. Just another raw live arm. He's got alot of work to do.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
well JP i'm actually shocked you weren't one of the very first to get one of these. looks like now all you need to get is the checklist for 2009 bowman chrome and a good fire going and you'll be all set for this winter weather going around the country.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
mburgin said:
well JP i'm actually shocked you weren't one of the very first to get one of these. looks like now all you need to get is the checklist for 2009 bowman chrome and a good fire going and you'll be all set for this winter weather going around the country.

I'm shocked that you're shocked. I'm about the last one in the country to get anything that is mailed to me via the USPS.

My friend Brett, who lives less than 60 miles from me, got his last Sat.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Jaypers said:
mburgin said:

I'm shocked that you're shocked. I'm about the last one in the country to get anything that is mailed to me via the USPS.

Slight your mailman or something?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
LLWesMan said:
Jaypers said:
mburgin said:

Slight your mailman or something?

Not unless an envelope containing a $20 Christmas bonus rubbed him the wrong way.

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
Jaypers said:
mburgin said:

thats what i was wondering. i figured BA would have send a soft copy of the handbook to you for your approval before it was printed though. LOL