Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Bowman Draft Auto Checklist TBD Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wes

OG
Administrator
One of the most highly anticipated lists of the year on this website is the autograph checklists for Bowman Draft picks. It’s the pivotal piece of information that makes people increase or decrease bowman draft orders. Topps has provided FCB a list of draft picks that are already signed for the product and will be filling in the TBD autograph slots.

http://freedomcardboard.com/blog/2011/0 ... -fill-ins/

Check the link for the list!

Looks like there are still 12 TBD's to be filled in, going by the original checklist. Hopefully they'll be going for some of the bigger names.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Thanked. Here's hoping Starling, Cole, Hultzen, Archie Bradley, Bundy and Rendon make it, although I'm guessing a couple will be held until next year's Bowman.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
Just clarifying for my slow brain, the ones listed are confirmed and there will be 12 more names added?

Wes

OG
Administrator
longbomberz said:
Just clarifying for my slow brain, the ones listed are confirmed and there will be 12 more names added?

Correct!

Jaypers said:
Thanked. Here's hoping Starling, Cole, Hultzen, Archie Bradley, Bundy and Rendon make it, although I'm guessing a couple will be held until next year's Bowman.

Fingers crossed for all those that you named. Much of it is going to depend on their agents. I'd be pleased if just half of those names made it into BDP.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
If Gilmo or you hear anything about the prospect base set, please let us know. Still have yet to see anything on it. It's the bread-and-butter of any prospect product.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Press release from Topps. Digging the bolded part.

2011 BOWMAN DRAFT PICKS GETS BIG BOOST FROM FIRST ROUNDERS

With the window now closed for draft picks to sign with their Major League teams, Topps has been able to make some significant additions to its Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects autograph list. Of the 21 now-confirmed signers, 20 of the subjects were selected in the 1st Round of the 2011 MLB Draft (including supplemental 1st Round).

Bowman Draft Picks, which streets late November, guarantees a Chrome on-card autograph in every hobby box.

And Topps is not finished as it plans to report additional signers within the next week!

Wes

OG
Administrator
Jaypers said:
Press release from Topps. Digging the bolded part.

2011 BOWMAN DRAFT PICKS GETS BIG BOOST FROM FIRST ROUNDERS

With the window now closed for draft picks to sign with their Major League teams, Topps has been able to make some significant additions to its Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects autograph list. Of the 21 now-confirmed signers, 20 of the subjects were selected in the 1st Round of the 2011 MLB Draft (including supplemental 1st Round).

Bowman Draft Picks, which streets late November, guarantees a Chrome on-card autograph in every hobby box.

And Topps is not finished as it plans to report additional signers within the next week!

I've often thought about how poorly they execute their PR, seems to me that signing players to autograph contracts would be great press that should be everywhere, and released as it happens.

sunojorel

Oct 5, 2010
GAP, PA
Thanked Wes.
Love any update like this, here's to hoping they do not dilute it too much saving for next year.
Although TB is a nice piece.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I dont know as much as most guys here about Chrome. What happens if a guy like Blake Swihart is added to the auto list when he already has a Chrome auto from team USA? Whats the card to own? I would imagine its the one with a Red Sox uniform butit wouldnt be his "First Chrome Autograph"...right? Do USA autos count?

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Superfractor said:
It's all up to Topps on that one. They did it correctly with Harper, but a guy like Pomeranz has "1st" on both his USA, and Au. cards.

The one to own is the on-card uniform auto. .

I disagree, I see this situation following the Harper 2010/11 BC trend. The USA Autos are not only the first BC autos, but much more limited.

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
Superfractor said:
It's all up to Topps on that one. They did it correctly with Harper, but a guy like Pomeranz has "1st" on both his USA, and Au. cards.

The one to own is the on-card uniform auto. .

I don't know... It wasn't that way in the past. 85 Topps USA McGwire, 92 Topps Traded USA Nomar, 93 Topps Traded USA Helton

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
D-Lite said:
But in a situation like Bauer, where he had 2010 USA cards, wouldn't people prefer the BDP version with uni and auto?

Absolutely. First BC Auto trumps all others.

Taillon's 2010 stuff sales for peanuts, but if 2011 Draft features base cards of the auto checklist just like 2010 Draft, expect the non auto'd 2011 Draft cards to sell for much less than the 2010 USA stuff (if base is what you're into).

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
Wes said:
I've often thought about how poorly they execute their PR, seems to me that signing players to autograph contracts would be great press that should be everywhere, and released as it happens.

Imagine if they released each signing every couple of days or so online.

The names would continue to be added to their online checklist website.

That would be exciting.

Plus BG could sue them for stealing his idea :)

Members online

Latest posts