Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Skip Schumaker Just Pitched an Inning for Cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan The Orange

Mar 30, 2010
St. Louis
Cards placed normal 2B Schumaker into pitch when down 11-0 in ninth.

Struck out two guys, threw low 90s fastball.

Oh wait, and gave up a 2 run jack to Aaron Miles. ::facepalm::

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I was there tonight, I look out and seen Schumaker was warming up. So I told my friend bet he strikes someone out for a dollar. Bet accepted. So he comes in throws 92 then a 77 MPH changeup I was like wow. I won a dollar. Free tickets tonight got to hang out with one of my friends and stadium nachos. I am guessing Miles homerun was probly about 495-505ft before the bounce. Descalso did'nt start it was liek any other game he would play and tonight hes off lol just my luck. We were only there to see Kershaw pitch. I had'nt seen him pitch and I had 2 free tickets so I figured might as well go. Ended up being like 8 rows from the field from the 8th inning - the bottom of 9. So it was kind of fun, stadium nachos are the bomb.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
pootshwan said:
Aren't second baseman supposed to have under average arms? Low 90's is pretty darn good.

That's because Schumaker isn't a second baseman. He gave Miles a good stare all the way into the dugout after the bomb.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
It's interesting how often you see position players come in and actually do well. It's got to have something to do with the batters, too, since it often seems that when facing a position player they're thinking Home Run Derby. Is there some sort of unwritten rule about that, e.g., you don't play small ball when a position player comes in to pitch mop-up but instead go boom or bust (similar to how you don't steal with a big lead), or is it just players trying to add an HR to the score sheet?

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
LWMM said:
It's interesting how often you see position players come in and actually do well. It's got to have something to do with the batters, too, since it often seems that when facing a position player they're thinking Home Run Derby. Is there some sort of unwritten rule about that, e.g., you don't play small ball when a position player comes in to pitch mop-up but instead go boom or bust (similar to how you don't steal with a big lead), or is it just players trying to add an HR to the score sheet?

http://mlb.sbnation.com/2011/8/3/234080 ... abip-stats

Latest posts