Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Heath Bell to SF (waivers)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Not sure what to think of this. Wilson done for the year? Just blocking Arizona?

Curious who closes in SD (Gregerson or Qualls)

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
It makes sense. Block Arizona, but they have a better record so they wouldn't be able to get the claim before SF anyway. Plus with Wilson out it's a nice stop gap to have an All-Star in his place. Just like in Texas, if SF makes the playoffs a Bell/Wilson 8-9 is scary.

Now the Giants have to just work out the trade and then all this becomes a reality.

~AJ

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I doubt the Padres would trade him within the division. They'll most likely pull him back, the Giants put in claim to block the Braves, Phillies and the Diamondbacks from acquiring him.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
ronfromfresno said:
I doubt the Padres would trade him within the division. They'll most likely pull him back, the Giants put in claim to block the Braves, Phillies and the Diamondbacks from acquiring him.
That's what I thought. I still believe it won't happen, but if its true how Bell wants to return to San Diego and he is currently on his last year of his contract, maybe the Padres will get a couple decent prospects and a solid prospect from the Giants and give Bell to the Giants for this season and re-sign him in this off season.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
This deal would be great for the Giants if it goes through, depending on the prospects involved. But it's going to kill my fantasy team, Bell is the only closer I have actually getting saves this season.

Jan 15, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
This deal would be great for the Giants if it goes through, depending on the prospects involved. But it's going to kill my fantasy team, Bell is the only closer I have actually getting saves this season.
If it happens, the Giants will have the most dominant bullpen by far. Get to the 7th it starts with Romo/Lopez then 8th goes to Bell and 9th goes to Wilson. All 4 of those guys could close as well.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
The Giants should do the deal if they can. The DBacks are struggling, but the Giants have been too crappy to take full advantage. Any little bit of help could be the difference in a close race.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
GiantsSuperCollector said:
If it happens, the Giants will have the most dominant bullpen by far. Get to the 7th it starts with Romo/Lopez then 8th goes to Bell and 9th goes to Wilson. All 4 of those guys could close as well.

The Yankees bullpen is already that good.

Members online

Latest posts