Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Darin Mastroianni MLB debut tonight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Not much of a prospect but I know he's got a couple of big fans on this board.

The Maestro is playing CF and batting 9th for the Jays tonight. It took a weird series of events to get him on the roster: a trade involving two 25-man guys, the acquired player not having his passport with him and thus delaying his arrival, an injury to the starting CF (Rasmus), an injury to the next logical replacement (Snider), and the other CF on the team injured (Rajai Davis).

So with that, Mastroianni and his blazing speed will get at least a cup of coffee. Now watch, he'll go 4-for-4 with 3 SB and never see the minors again.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO

The third former Mountaineer to make the Major Leagues!

Darin was an infielder as well.

gold_orange.jpg

plates.jpg

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I bid $111.11 on the 2011 Bowman Superfractor the first time it was up for auction. I lost.

The seller relisted a few weeks later, I forgot to bid and it sold for ~$45.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Darin Mastroianni called up to the Twins. Danny Valencia sent to AAA.

When I went to see him play in Pawtucket on Monday he was playing Second Base.

Last edited:

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
My brother played w/ him in college. He was always ~"amazed"~ about how he went from terrible to fast and w/ power overnight. Just saying...

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
My brother played w/ him in college. He was always ~"amazed"~ about how he went from terrible to fast and w/ power overnight. Just saying...

14 HR is 2159 MiLB AB is hardly powerful.

In his two seasons in on the Vermont Mountaineers (Summer league, 2004/2005, 70 games) he stole 28 bases and hit 0 HR.

He had ripped arms back then, and showed them off. :lol:.

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
14 HR is 2159 MiLB AB is hardly powerful.

In his two seasons in on the Vermont Mountaineers (Summer league, 2004/2005, 70 games) he stole 28 bases and hit 0 HR.

He had ripped arms back then, and showed them off. :lol:.

I never said homeruns. I said power. A blooper or avg hitter, to a guy with gap power is an increase in power.