Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mike Flanagan Found Dead

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jetsmets150

Jan 29, 2010
Some of you may remember him. 1979 Cy Young winner for the O's. Won over a 150 games. Found dead near his home north of Baltimore.

EDIT: Reports out of Baltimore are that it was suicide over a false conception of his public image

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
My mother saw him play on Cape Cod a lot for Falmouth, she is pretty bummed at his passing.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
R.I.P. Mike Flanagan

Multiple sources have reported and WBAL has confirmed that former Oriole pitcher and GM Mike Flanagan was found dead this afternoon at his home. Cause of death has yet to be determined. R.I.P. to a Cy Young Award Winner, Oriole Hall of Famer and World Series Champion.

James

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Re: R.I.P. Mike Flanagan

reports are now that the cause of death was boredom due to watching too may Oriole games.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

schmidtfan20 said:
reports are now that the cause of death was boredom due to watching too may Oriole games.

Try to have at least a little class.

jetsmets150

Jan 29, 2010
Reports out of Baltimore are that it was suicide over a false conception of his public image. Uh-Oh. RIP Mike.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland

schmidtfan20 said:
As an Orioles fan, I can say this post makes you look like a total a-hole with little understanding of Flanagan or Orioles history...it is a proud one.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
jetsmets150 said:
EDIT: Reports out of Baltimore are that it was suicide over a false conception of his public image

That's a real shame. What was his public image in Baltimore? I would have figured he'd be seen as a hero, where Angelos would be vilified for turning the team into a joke. I hope he wasn't thinking people blamed him for the horrid state of the franchise.

jetsmets150

Jan 29, 2010
DeliciousBacon said:
jetsmets150 said:

That's a real shame. What was his public image in Baltimore? I would have figured he'd be seen as a hero, where Angelos would be vilified for turning the team into a joke. I hope he wasn't thinking people blamed him for the horrid state of the franchise.

Flanagan is loved in and all around Baltimore. Right behind Cal and Brooks for some people as favorite Orioles

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland

hoopster3977 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
You really are a sick F**k.

Schmidtfan, your statement has put you in the lowest class of all - don't you have any respect for anyone, especially the dead?

Shame on you.

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland

excel_B said:
hoopster3977 said:
schmidtfan20 said:
You really are a sick F**k.

Schmidtfan, your statement has put you in the lowest class of all - don't you have any respect for anyone, especially the dead?

Shame on you.

And by the way Schmidt fan, Brooks was better.

Members online

Latest posts