Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If the Cubs won the World Series

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
As another year gets added to the Cubs string without a title I was thinking. Most teams who win the World Series see a spike in the card values of the stars and key contributors for a period of time immediately following the Series. I think if the Cubs ever do win their values will see a massive increase in price that we have never seen the likes of and they will be sustained for a much longer period of time than we typically see. Any other opinions?

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
The Cubs are, for the most part, currently a faceless franchise. Sure, there are a few "stars" for the club but when you think of the Cubs who is it? Ramirez? Castro?

Short of that lunatic Zambrano, who has the most tenure with the club...Ramirez has to be close.

So who exactly would be "stars" and "key contributors" for the Cubs?

Regardless, the Cubs are fairly "over-priced" right now anyways, so I can't see any longer surge period for them over anyone else.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Derek Jeter.

derek-jeter-cubs-billboard.jpg

Members online

Latest posts