Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Game used hubba hubba mailday... and some other junk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
After not purchasing a single bat this year, three somehow found their way to my front door in the span of five days. One of the reasons I like game used bats so much is that each one has a sort of "character" to it; each one is distinctly different from the next. The third bat shown is particularly cool. I've been trying to acquire it for over four years, and a few weeks ago the previous owner finally gave me a shot at it.

First, and probably only, Joey Gomes bat in my collection. It was cheap and included in a deal, and is a nice piece to have along with his cards.

IMG_3273.jpg

Jonny Gomes wristband. Kinda cool, and cheap:

Wristband.jpg
Wristbandback.jpg

Jonny Gomes 2010 MAX Bat. Cool bat with a really nice autograph

10MAXbat.jpg
10MAXbatauto.jpg

And then this beauty, from 2003. This is one of the nicest Gomes bats I've seen; absolutely pounded with use, showing tons of tar and ball marks. It's uncracked, which often means that the bat wasn't used much. Here, however, the bat is so pounded, it's actually warped like Black Betsy! It's quite possible that it was retired for just that reason. My 17th Jonny Gomes bat, which also gives me a run from 2002-2010. Will likely get a 2011 bat soon, which will leave me one short of a career run (Gomes spent 2001 in single A).

03RawlingsBat.jpg
03RawlingsBatauto.jpg

And some 1/1s for the hell of it. Brings me up to 82.

$%28KGrHqR,!igE3YBqc5esBN-Vs6g%28ow~~0_1.JPG
$%28KGrHqUOKjME3%29E41NY5BOB2Vth4jw~~_12.JPG
$%28KGrHqV,!lEE4Nu2Ez!5BOQVj345Cg~~_12.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts