Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Leaf Metal Draft Sell Sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Metal1.jpg

2011 Leaf Metal Baseball Draft

1> ICHIRO SUZUKI!!!!! After 6 long years of collectors waiting for his autographs, this release marks his return. Ichiro will be signing ON-CARD autographs for this excitng release, at all parallel levels including THE SUPER PRISMATIC 1/1 AUTOGRAPH!.
2> ON-CARD autographs!!!!!!! EVERY autograph in this product is on-card!!!!!!!!!!
3> LOADED WITH TOP DRAFT PICKS!!!! This release is not your typical prospect product loaded with 5th,6th,10th or 15th round picks….. Virtually all of our 2011 Draft picks are from the top 2 rounds (all but one player!). We expect to have virtually every top player from this draft.
4> LOADED WITH THE BEST CURRENT PROSPECTS (including many who have never had mainstream autographed cards!!!!!)… This is a MAJOR value added….

12 Boxes (each box is a pack) per Case
6 ON-CARD Autographed Metal Cards per pack (on average 1-2 parallels per pack!)

While I like the looks of these cards, that "Super Prismatic" 1/1 looks way too similiar to the Superfractor. Wish BG could have come up with a different design there.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
...that "Super Prismatic" 1/1 looks way too similiar to the Superfractor. Wish BG could have come up with a different design there.
My guess is it's on purpose for obvious reasons. Collectors love them...why not try to cash in on that?

Also, not enough exclamation points in that release. Ha.

oriolesfan0721

Jun 10, 2011
Jaypers said:
While I like the looks of these cards, that "Super Prismatic" 1/1 looks way too similiar to the Superfractor. Wish BG could have come up with a different design there.

+1. While I also think this will be a cool product and I look forward to another good on-card auto option for top draft picks, it is disappointing that they are stealing the SuperFractor idea, name and design. Would have liked the 1/1 parallel to be different somehow

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
ideal0024 said:
I don't get how Ichiro fits with this product?

BG got exclusive rights to his autos a while ago. Guess he wants to put him into baseball products asap.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Bg said about the same as the football look it up 80-90 which was what the football released at

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Bob Loblaw said:
jcmint said:
Bg said about the same as the football look it up

BG didn't say anything.

He did, in the chatroom the other night. There was a thread inviting everyone for the announcement.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
ideal0024 said:

Thank you.

I don't really give a damn if he signed Babe Ruth to an exclusive autograph deal. Neither player belongs in a product called Leaf Baseball Draft. Find a different product to put him in.

Nice looking cards, but I hate the fact that the superfractor is completely stolen.

For those who buy these, I certainly hope these will hold value better than the last time Razor/Leaf put out a prospect product.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
First thing I thought of when I saw the OP is Bowman Sterling without the sticker autos.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
Wes said:
Looks promising but burn me once, shame on you. Burn me twice...

Shame on Obama?

No shame shall ever fall on Obama...shame on Bush!!!!!!!!, c'mon Tim!

Leaf Metal Draft football was very successful for a few reasons:

#1 - you are going to get roughly 72 autos for $900 - that's Elite like value - people like that
#2 - the autos are on-card in a chrome like format - people also like that, not too mention they quality is much better and they grade well.
#3 - the parallels look downright gorgeous in person, all the way up to the "supers." Honestly what if they tried to do something else for the 1/1 and it looked awful, no one would like that
#4 - Compared to the other early season football releases, Leaf was yards ahead of them from a quality perspective. In draft picks land, they will be the first people with a product out and that alone will help.

I got burned on Razor stuff too with '08 Sig Series but honestly, from the reception in football land it seems like the Leaf name alone makes things a lot better.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
19braves77 said:
Sucks with no base set. Us graphers that buy 25 card lots are being ignored.

~But you aren't the ones actually buying the sealed product.~ lol

That's like saying every card in the world should be autographed because people who collect base cards don't buy sealed products. How ridiculous.

Wes

OG
Administrator
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
ideal0024 said:

Thank you.

I don't really give a damn if he signed Babe Ruth to an exclusive autograph deal. Neither player belongs in a product called Leaf Baseball Draft. Find a different product to put him in.

Nice looking cards, but I hate the fact that the superfractor is completely stolen.

For those who buy these, I certainly hope these will hold value better than the last time Razor/Leaf put out a prospect product.

If all we can find to complain about is added value, and believe me, Ichiro is added value, then this product will do well.

Members online