Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Quentin to DL - Dayan Viciedo Being Recalled to White Sox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
Carlos Quentin is going to the DL and Dayan Viciedo is being recalled from Triple A.
As a Sox fan I am excited to see this kid up again. He is going to be a beast. :D

SEATTLE -- Ozzie Guillen was about to make official the news of Dayan Viciedo's promotion from Triple-A Charlotte to the White Sox during his pregame media session Friday at Safeco Field, but he first paused for dramatic effect.

Then, with a smile plastered on his face, the White Sox manager tossed out the following line:

"Now he's coming in town," said Guillen, raising his arms triumphantly in the air. "We're in the pennant race."

Viciedo will replace Carlos Quentin on the active roster, with the White Sox right fielder telling the media before the game that he was going to the 15-day disabled list retroactive to this past Sunday. The 5-foot-11, 230-pound Viciedo hit .308 over 104 at-bats for the White Sox during a 2010 callup, while playing 23 games at third base and seven at first.

There's little doubt regular at-bats will now be available for Viciedo, who hit .297 with 20 homers, 28 doubles and 78 RBIs for the Knights in his first full season as a right fielder. Viciedo could slide into Quentin's spot in right, but with Alejandro De Aza adding a burst of needed life to the offense, Viciedo could take at-bats from Dunn at first base while Paul Konerko continues to recover from a sore left calf/knee at designated hitter.

"If he can play first base, that will help us more," Guillen said. "But we'll see what we need from him and what's the best for him. We just can't put this kid at first base without him playing first for a long time. We're going to talk to him, and he's going to be in the lineup most of the time. And we'll see where he's going to play.

"Hopefully he continues to do what he's doing right now in Triple-A. We know this kid is going to be a big part of this organization for a long time hopefully, and it can be a good start. I think right now we need offense very bad. It's my job to make the best lineup out there we can."

gogosox40

Mar 16, 2010
Chicagoland
He is off to a great start so far today in his first game of the year:
2-2. 1B, BB, 2 runs and a 3 Run Home Run.

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I still don't get why he wasn't called up like 2 months ago when he could actually have made a difference.

Latest posts