Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

National Signing Day is tomorrow...anyone here keep up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imac220

Aug 14, 2008
Central PA
I have not "kept up with it" but if I am sick again tomorrow, I definitely will be watching it.

I hope Notre Dame, has a good recruiting class!

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
imac220 said:
I have not "kept up with it" but if I am sick again tomorrow, I definitely will be watching it.

This looks to be ND's worst class recently. Still top 25, but they have been top 10 the past few years. This year they have zero 5-star recruits, according to Rivals.

crowhop

Aug 8, 2008
Bedford Falls
KandKCards said:
imac220 said:

This looks to be ND's worst class recently. Still top 25, but they have been top 10 the past few years. This year they have zero 5-star recruits, according to Rivals.
ND's class is very top heavy. Cierre Wood is/can be great along with Shaq Evans.
Alex Bullard is a good OL from TN as well. those guys could have pretty much gone anywhere they would have wanted to.

it's a small class for ND this year and that hurts the rankings, but after the last couple of seasons, it would be hard to complain. the hot rumour floating around is Weiss will be fired after tomorrow and they'll hire Gruden. that would be dirty, imo, but really probably the best thing for the football program. i doubt it works out that way, but if i were an ND fan, i would probably be hoping so. ha.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist. ... &School=55

crowhop

Aug 8, 2008
Bedford Falls
Alabama's class has already taken a hit. Greg Reid...5* CB from GA...chose FSU over Alabama tonight after committing to the Alabama coaches on Monday. the word got out this morning to his HS football coach...former FSU grad/player...that he wasn't picking FSU and his coach got his Mom involved to make him pick FSU. sorry thing is he doesn't live with his Mom and she hasn't really had anything to do with him in years. his Dad is in Federal Prison as well. i hope his story ends well, but it's not off to a good start.

crowhop

Aug 8, 2008
Bedford Falls
imac220 said:

i have been following it intently for the past 4 or 5 years and this is by far the dirtiest it has ever been. a lot of mud being slung this time around in the SEC.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
Keeping tabs on it right now, but I gotta go class in about an hour, so I'm gonna miss a lot. Can't wait to see what happens today.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Penno said:
Brad said:
No Kendall Kelly

Its because he wanted to win a National Championship....

Just Kidding

well not exactly

Saban = Devil

I thought Dabo being a WR guy might sway him, but we got McNeal and have another one for next year already.

crowhop

Aug 8, 2008
Bedford Falls
this was by far the craziest signing day i have seen. probably 20 big-name guys flipped their commitments and signed with other schools. lots of surprises today. and it's still not over because there are still a few big guys that haven't signed yet.

as for Clemson, a tiny class, which was expected. but the thing that surprises me most is the great class South Carolina pulled in. if i were a CU fan, i'd be bothered by that in a big way because really CU is better than South Carolina in just about every single way.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
crowhop said:
as for Clemson, a tiny class, which was expected. but the thing that surprises me most is the great class South Carolina pulled in. if i were a CU fan, i'd be bothered by that in a big way because really CU is better than South Carolina in just about every single way.

Well, SC signed 29 guys! We got screwed out of Mackey by an ACC rule, but not too worried. They signed 4 safties and like 6-7 WR. They only got 3 OL which has been there biggest problem even more than QB. Spurrier is only there for a year or two more and his ******* ways are going to catch up. He pulled a schooly on the kid from Tucker High and also release seniors who did not play much to make room. He frankly does not care that much and it shows in their last 3 games and compelte lack of effort. Also, our average star rating was higher and number 7 in the country I believe

crowhop

Aug 8, 2008
Bedford Falls
Brad said:
crowhop said:

Well, SC signed 29 guys! We got screwed out of Mackey by an ACC rule, but not too worried. They signed 4 safties and like 6-7 WR. They only got 3 OL which has been there biggest problem even more than QB. Spurrier is only there for a year or two more and his ******* ways are going to catch up. He pulled a schooly on the kid from Tucker High and also release seniors who did not play much to make room. He frankly does not care that much and it shows in their last 3 games and compelte lack of effort. Also, our average star rating was higher and number 7 in the country I believe
good call on their OL issues. that was their most dire need and they failed to fill it. and they still don't have "the one" at QB.

with Dabo in (former Alabama player), CU will likely become my #1 ACC school, so i'll be pulling for them. but they need to stay out of Alabama with their recruiting. or at least, don't waste their time on Bama locks and with Auburn now going to focus on what's left, there won't be much left for CU to swoop in on. For Alabama guys, the natural lean is #1 Alabama, #2 Auburn, #3 Tennessee, #4 Florida, #5 LSU, #6 Clemson. that's a lot of great teams they are already behind the 8-ball on. Dabo needs to focus on their state. their are several guys that South Car just out-recruited them for. Alshon Jeffery, DeVonte Holloman, Stephon Gilmore, Damario Jeffery...all elite guys from SC that Clemson was beat on. i think Clemson's class next year will be a good one to follow. hopefully Dabo will do good work and earn his title.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
crowhop said:
Brad said:
crowhop said:

good call on their OL issues. that was their most dire need and they failed to fill it. and they still don't have "the one" at QB.

with Dabo in (former Alabama player), CU will likely become my #1 ACC school, so i'll be pulling for them. but they need to stay out of Alabama with their recruiting. or at least, don't waste their time on Bama locks and with Auburn now going to focus on what's left, there won't be much left for CU to swoop in on. For Alabama guys, the natural lean is #1 Alabama, #2 Auburn, #3 Tennessee, #4 Florida, #5 LSU, #6 Clemson. that's a lot of great teams they are already behind the 8-ball on. Dabo needs to focus on their state. their are several guys that South Car just out-recruited them for. Alshon Jeffery, DeVonte Holloman, Stephon Gilmore, Damario Jeffery...all elite guys from SC that Clemson was beat on. i think Clemson's class next year will be a good one to follow. hopefully Dabo will do good work and earn his title.

We usually get who we want from SC. WE had Holloman but he left when Bowden did. I am not suprised since Rock Hill has never been a Clemson area. I think we have a great shot with Marcus Lattimore from Byrnes since that school has sent a lot of people to Clemson. As far as Bama, I think there are some we may not get, but we got the Clear's from Hoover (even though they are really Virginia), Brandon Maye who was a Freshman All-American and Antoine McClain. I think we can make a push to get higher up there and with Dabo knowing the area, it will help.

crowhop

Aug 8, 2008
Bedford Falls
Brad said:
crowhop said:
Brad said:
crowhop said:

We usually get who we want from SC. WE had Holloman but he left when Bowden did. I am not suprised since Rock Hill has never been a Clemson area. I think we have a great shot with Marcus Lattimore from Byrnes since that school has sent a lot of people to Clemson. As far as Bama, I think there are some we may not get, but we got the Clear's from Hoover (even though they are really Virginia), Brandon Maye who was a Freshman All-American and Antoine McClain. I think we can make a push to get higher up there and with Dabo knowing the area, it will help.
the only guy on that list of players that Alabama or Auburn wanted/recruited was Antoine McClain and he had some very extenuating circumstances to push him out of state.

before Saban, guys could be had. Chad Jackson signed with Florida. Jamarcus Russell to LSU. Jason Allen to Tennessee. Jayson Swain to Tennessee.

but with Saban locking down the state, Alabama gets every single guy they want. of the top 10 from the state this year, Alabama signed 8. #8 Jamontay Pilson is going to JUCO, didn't have an Alabama offer and didn't sign with anyone. #10 D.T. Shackelford signed with Ole Miss and didn't have an Alabama offer.
recruiting head-to-head with Alabama in Alabama won't work. there are a ton of good prospects from SC for CU to get and i don't understand why they didn't effort to get them. Alshon Jeffery is as good or better than Kendall Kelly and SouthCar gets him away from Southern Cal. that blows my mind considering how pitiful SouthCar was this past year and has been historically. he is a guy Dabo should have gotten, imo.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
crowhop said:
Brad said:
crowhop said:
Brad said:
crowhop said:

the only guy on that list of players that Alabama or Auburn wanted/recruited was Antoine McClain and he had some very extenuating circumstances to push him out of state.

before Saban, guys could be had. Chad Jackson signed with Florida. Jamarcus Russell to LSU. Jason Allen to Tennessee. Jayson Swain to Tennessee.

but with Saban locking down the state, Alabama gets every single guy they want. of the top 10 from the state this year, Alabama signed 8. #8 Jamontay Pilson is going to JUCO, didn't have an Alabama offer and didn't sign with anyone. #10 D.T. Shackelford signed with Ole Miss and didn't have an Alabama offer.
recruiting head-to-head with Alabama in Alabama won't work. there are a ton of good prospects from SC for CU to get and i don't understand why they didn't effort to get them. Alshon Jeffery is as good or better than Kendall Kelly and SouthCar gets him away from Southern Cal. that blows my mind considering how pitiful SouthCar was this past year and has been historically. he is a guy Dabo should have gotten, imo.

Yeah, probably. But, It seems to be that 90% of kids in the Columbia area go to USC (fake one) and 100% of kids from rock Hill go to USC. That would include Gilmore, Hollloman, and the two Jeffereys. Firing owden hurt short term, but in the long run it will helps us. I wish that we could have gotten Montgomery, but after getting Goodman, that was not going to happen. We will do better instate next year and the crop is supposed to be better too. No way South Carolina can sign more than 25 for the third year in four.

EDIT: Don't forget we had the number 2 class (according to ESPN) last year. Most of those guys were redshirted too

Members online

Latest posts