Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting CBS article on Tyler Skaggs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
Thought I would post it up for any other Skaggs/Dbacks fans out there. Released last night...

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entr ... 2/31569050

I was intrigued by the Dan Haren comparison...

"[Skaggs is] the same package," Dipoto said, "we believe we traded for last year: fastball mostly 89-93 [mph] with excellent downhill plane, curveball a swing-and-miss type pitch and the change-up has come along quite a bit."

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
ballerskrip said:
The D-backs trades have really been working out as of late....

Skaggs and Ian Kennedy are studs!

skrip
Agreed! Kennedy has been producing quality starts all year long. I'm sure Skaggs and Bauer will do that same next year :)

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
MOFNY said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip
Lets not forget the massive potential that is Daniel Hudson.

Very good call on that. D-backs have done an amazing job of scouting and developing these guys!

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
ballerskrip said:
MOFNY said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

Very good call on that. D-backs have done an amazing job of scouting and developing these guys!
Their current rotation isn't too shabby: Kennedy, Hudson, Saunders, Collmenter, Miley

Their farm team is even more impressive: Skaggs, Bauer, Parker, Bradley, Corbin, Brewer and also a solid closer in Kevin Munson

MOFNY

Aug 9, 2008
East Greenwich, RI
I have a lot of faith in Hudson. He can go late into games. His WHIP and K/BB resemble a more polished pitcher (his stats are somewhat comparable to Gallardo, with less strikeouts and less walks). Oh and he is arguably the best hitting pitcher in baseball. Obviously he needs to work on some things, but for his first full season, he is doing very well. I can't wait to see him in the playoffs. Hopefully pitching over 200 innings won't kill his arm.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Someone might want to introduce the person who wrote that article to Jarrod Parker.

The DBacks farm is looking pretty darn promising. They are right up there with the Rangers, Rays, etc for top farm system IMO.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
azbaseballfan said:
ballerskrip said:
MOFNY said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

Their current rotation isn't too shabby: Kennedy, Hudson, Saunders, Collmenter, Miley

Their farm team is even more impressive: Skaggs, Bauer, Parker, Bradley, Corbin, Brewer and also a solid closer in Kevin Munson

AND

David Holmberg as well

azbaseballfan

Aug 7, 2008
Tucson, AZ
ballerskrip said:
azbaseballfan said:
ballerskrip said:
MOFNY said:
ballerskrip said:

skrip

AND

David Holmberg as well
Knew I forgot someone!

Members online