Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Props to Desmond Jennings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
If he keeps killing it in September I think he can win rookie of the year despite the relatively small sample size. This guy can play!

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
JEA2880 said:
If he keeps killing it in September I think he can win rookie of the year despite the relatively small sample size. This guy can play!
His high K rates make me a little nervous, but the prices are low enough that I am still a buyer.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
Rays are just nasty. Trade Garza, replace with Hellickson. Let Crawford walk, replace with Jennings. Both guys just as good, if not better than their predecessors.

Shields next?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Walked in his 3rd at bat and stole second. Not bad.

Anyone notice that 9 of the first 10 outs Price has gotten are on K's...

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Don't see the need for this thread other than an attempt to bump his card value for you and his investors.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
SeattleSports said:
Don't see the need for this thread other than an attempt to bump his card value for you and his investors.
It's a baseball card message board and he is talking about a baseball player who is playing well. What else is he supposed to discuss?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
SeattleSports said:

"dont see the need for this thread"? I hope you break an arm falling off of your high horse

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
SeattleSports said:

He's a rookie hitting .352 8 HR 18 RBI 14 SB in just 34 games. He has been a dynamic player and hitting for more power than anyone ever expected. Granted he will not keep this pace up but he could finish the season up with 10 hr and 25 steals in about 60 games.

If we can't talk about baseball players what do we talk about then seattlesports?
Please let the rest of us know. Since you appear to be the authority.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
SeattleSports said:

Also, he is a rc who hit 2 home runs in his first 2 at-bats, then walked and stole a base his 3rd, then singled his 4th. He is on fire. But let's not post about it, because there is no need :benson:

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
I was referring to the comment

"Check out those stats. Now that he's showing power, could his cards finally get the boost they deserve?"

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
SeattleSports said:

"Check out those stats. Now that he's showing power, could his cards finally get the boost they deserve?"

Personally, I think it's somewhat standard around here. It may be annoying, but it is the nature of the beast. People buy in to the players they follow and follow the players they buy into, and there is an additional element to the rooting interest.

Jesusmontero

Mar 5, 2009
SeattleSports said:

How would that post be an attempted to boost his value? its just a question. I'm curious as well even though I don't own any of his cards....

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
SeattleSports said:

Personally, I think it's somewhat standard around here. It may be annoying, but it is the nature of the beast. People buy in to the players they follow and follow the players they buy into, and there is an additional element to the rooting interest.

As controversial as it may sound, its fair to say there are at least some people who place cards on the bottom of their priority list, not everyone's interests here are the same.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Jaypers said:
He's gone deep twice so far today and has 8 since being called up.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=457775

Check out those stats. Now that he's showing power, could his cards finally get the boost they deserve?

If only he hadn't gotten injured earlier this year, he could have been a legit ROY candidate.

He's actually made the show and is tearing it up, so there's no value to his cards. If only he were doing this at AA you might be on to something.

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
uniquebaseballcards said:
Topnotchsy said:
SeattleSports said:

As controversial as it may sound, its fair to say there are at least some people who place cards on the bottom of their priority list, not everyone's interests here are the same.
Never meant to imply anything to the contrary. Just saying that on a message board where many people invest in cards, one result is that their rooting interests are affected by their cards, and their cards are affected by their rooting interests.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
To keep SeattleSports happy, I have removed the offensive line in question, and offer my most sincere apologies.

Members online

Latest posts