Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What Do I hve Here??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cookie

May 6, 2011
San Antonio
While looking for a signed Lew Burdette Bill And Bobs postcard, i came accross a large envelope with the following in it:

1) 2008 dated return envelope with a Sparky Anderson reply of me asking him do to a private signing with him, his reply " sorry i can't do it" very very shaking writing.
also in the envelope is a a rejection letter from Bobby Shantz:

"Very sorry i have changed my mind about this utograph stuff. I get quite a few things in the mail to sign and i really do't feel right charging for my autograph. I really don't feel bad going to card shows abd getting quite a bit of money, but that's o.k. I just don't feel right doing it through the mail and charging for it. Sorry to take so much of your time - Bobby Shantz"

2) 1995 Tombstone Ozzie Smith Card
3) 1989-90 Fleer James Worthy Card

4) A SASE dated 1992 with the return address filled out by Terry Moore
in that envelopw a 4x6 signed photo of Brooklyn Dodger Jack Radtke
a newsaper clipping signed by Jimmy Outlaw
a reply letter dated 1991 from Andy Pafko -

"You stated that you would like to purchase some memorabilia of mine. Yes i do have a Chicago Cubs cap that i wore durring my playing days with the Chicago "Cubs". Price is $150 Andy"

I thought about it for a hile and saved the money, it is a lot for a 15 year old. i later wrote Andy and asked him if he still had the hat, here is his reply

"Yes, i still have the "Cubs" cap. I also have Andy Pafko bats. If i don't hear from you shrotly, i have someone else who wants it - Thanks Andy"

In that same envelope i have a reply letter from George Spencer. I asked him if he knew Willie MAys and was he nice.

"Willie was 10 when i knew him. I hvent seen him in years so i really don't know. He was a nice young man then and i imagine he still is"

5) There is an envelope from 2008 with an ACCEPTANCE letter from Vern Law to do a private signing.

6) Another envelope with signed Acceptance letters.. all are to do private signings.

Don Larsen (2004)
Bobby Shantz (2004)
Clem Labine (2004)
Andy Pafko (2004)
Monte Irvin (2007)
Ed Kranepool (2007)

7) Loose Ed Kranepool signed business card

Wow!! a nice little pile of acceptance and deial letters for signings

Fred Dryer (denial)
Elroy Face (acceptance)
Bob Feller "call me 440-***-xxxx for the autograph signing, i am not interested in teh stories about WWII"
Monte Irvin (acceptance)
Milt Pappas (acceptance)
Bob Feller (acceptance)
Bobby Shantz (acceptance)
Vern Law (acceptance)
Ed Kranpool (acceptance)
Elroy Face (acceptance)
Vern Law (acceptance(
Bobby Shantz (acceptance)
Milt Pappas (acceptance)
Milt Pappas (acceptance)
Bobby Doerr ("I don't want to do this - Bobby Doerr)
Bobby Doerr (I can't do any signings thank you for the letter - Bobby Doerr)
Frank Tanana (Thanks, but i am not interested. Sincerely - Frank Tanana
Ron Cey (Thanks for your letter but i am not interested at this time - Ron Cey)

cookie

May 6, 2011
San Antonio
gracecollector said:
That's a pretty detailed description. Why do you ask "What Do I Have Here??"? Seems like you know exactly what you have.

referring to teh assorment of odd things in teh envelope

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
cookie said:
gracecollector said:
That's a pretty detailed description. Why do you ask "What Do I Have Here??"? Seems like you know exactly what you have.

referring to teh assorment of odd things in teh envelope

Letters saying yes or no for signings..... That's what I gathered from this. Where did you get it? I'm not sure what you're asking either as you detailed everything. Are the papers signed? If so you may be able to cut them or frame them.

Members online

Latest posts