Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My redemption replacement replacement mailday, thanks Topps!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
I had three on-card Mariano Rivera autographs pending from 2010 Bowman Sterling, each numbered to /10 worth SV $200 to $250 each. Since Rivera did not sign, I had replacements for those sent earlier this year, Sterling sticker autos /10 of Banks, Schmidt, Alomar, Wright and two relics /25 of Rivera and Ripken which left me about $400+ short in terms of value and very mad. Sometime in July I was able to get through to customer service, and return what they had sent me. Almost after a month of nervously waiting, I received a thin package today which initially made me nervous that I got screwed yet again...but when I opened, inside were these two cards! I REALLY wanted those three Rivera cards for the PC, but I am happy with these since I should hopefully make back what I spent on the Riveras.

2010 Bowman Platinum Relic Autographs Refractors #SS Stephen Strasburg /240 (Patch!)

And this... :shock:
koufax.jpg

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
:shock: :eek:

awesome koufax!!!!!!

i have to say that throughout all of my card purchasing years, topps has, have and always will be the best at taking care of their customers.

i def. give kudos to topps, and especially to Mike (DINABBS) for taking care of their customers!

congrats again for that koufax! and the stras!!

dave

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
topps..is this the same company that told Brent Williams that they were out of GQ autograph replacements after
he opened like 40 boxes and got shorted an autograph in each? Good for you.

Kevin

DINANBBS

Aug 7, 2008
Kevin,
it was more like 150 autographs - and I am the guy who hooked Brent up.. go ask him.

thanks
mike

schmidtfan20 said:
topps..is this the same company that told Brent Williams that they were out of GQ autograph replacements after

Kevin

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
This. I'd be pretty pissed if I was Brent. There's gotta be more to his story though, right?

Edit - told you there was more to it, lol.

schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
Pine Tar said:
[quote="Russ S.":2rg8pglm]Nice!!

5 minutes or less before crabby chimes in... :lol:
I just read his Topps rant :lol: He going to flip when he sees this[/quote:2rg8pglm]

Im genuinely happy for him! Topps has done us (my uncle and me) right in the past as well. If i contact them, and i probably will, i have faith in their customer service. will my card be replaced? maybe or maybe not.

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
Very nice, it sure beats all those terrible '09 Ticket to Stardom autos I got in place of my 2011 Tribute redemptions......

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
coltsnsox07 said:
Very nice, it sure beats all those terrible '09 Ticket to Stardom autos I got in place of my 2011 Tribute redemptions......

uh oh. i have an outstanding redemption from 2011 tribute :lol: ::facepalm::

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
So like many others are probably wondering, why is an auto of a key guy like Strasburg not packed out? I'm happy for the replacement, but why are we seeing more and more nice cards not being inserted in packs?

t_crabby95

Jun 20, 2011
tommyfro21 said:
So like many others are probably wondering, why is an auto of a key guy like Strasburg not packed out? I'm happy for the replacement, but why are we seeing more and more nice cards not being inserted in packs?

Simple. So they can replace nice cards that are damaged, or in this case, not made.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Im glad you are happy, but I would be pissed if I bought GQ and there was one (or more) fewer Koufax's in the
product becuase topps is using them to fill redemptions from other sets.

Kevin

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
schmidtfan20 said:
Im glad you are happy, but I would be pissed if I bought GQ and there was one (or more) fewer Koufax's in the

Kevin
wasn't the Koufax itself a redemption? all of which will never be pulled/redeemed

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
ChasHawk said:
schmidtfan20 said:

Kevin
wasn't the Koufax itself a redemption? all of which will never be pulled/redeemed

hmm I thought it was a live card, maybe not, still it is THE pull of the product and as someone who has gotten
screwed on replacements when I was owed on card heritage autograph, and they were replaced with sticker
autos because topps said they were out of on card autos, this makes me mad.

Kevin

Members online

Latest posts