Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marlins IP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Going to the Mets/Marlins game tonight...anyone pretty good at signing during BP?

Thanks! :D

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Ok, here is the quick write up.

The Marlins are TOUGH in person during BP. These guys don't even acknowledge you when you call their names out (yes, I know it's the norm in the bigs but whatever). BUT, for some reason they know who the VIP's are (the area behind home plate during BP) and they signed away there!

Here are a few of the players:

Stanton signed ONLY FOR KIDS. I mean, not teenagers, but kids under 10 only. He rejected anyone elses urge to toss him a ball. Every ball he hit last night was a rocket...he's the real deal guys...this guy is going to be one of the best power hitters in baseball in the next 20 years. Mark my words!

LOMO signed a grand total of 1 autograph (of course for a kid too).

Dobbs signed 2 autos

Jose Ceda signed anything as he was talking to his buddies before the game

Leo Nunez signed but was too far to get him

BUT...all is not lost! lol

It's sad when you call your "best" 2 autos of people that are not even player! lol So, my empty baseball was yearning for some ink, so I had to resort to feed the ego of Jeffrey Loria and ask him for an auto (he was surprised that I knew who he was but obliged and then a whole rush of kids crashed behind me asking him for an auto too! I guess no one knew who he was before or wanted his sig).

Then got Ceda just because he was...there...

Then like minutes before the game started, I see a dude looking to the stands from the dugout and it was HOFER Andre Dawson! Ask him to sign (since I was the only one) he did and yay, got a hofer auto! lol

Well, that's my wrap. Marlins are way tougher than the Braves (surprising considerig their team is younger and you would think they'd be more cool about signing).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts