Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Albert Pujols 2006 Bowman Originals true Checklist!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cubsfan_2007

Sep 22, 2010
I see these all over eBay and many people have posted about these Buybacks, but I have yet to see anyone post a true Checklist...Here's the list any others are fakes. Obviously fakes can still be made of the ones below, but at least it eliminates some of them such as Turkey red buybacks, etc that ive been seeing.

2001 Bowman Auto #'d /1
2002 Bowman Auto #'d /50
2002 Bowman Chrome #'d /1
2002 Bowman's best #'d /1
2002 Bowman Heritage #'d /1
2003 Bowman Chrome Xfractor #'d /1
2004 Bowman Chrome #'d /1
2005 Bowman #'d /44
2005 Bowman Chrome #'d /44

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
If anyone is wondering if a Topps Turkey Red buyback is an authentic Bowman Originals card, there isn't really much you can do to help them.

Thanks for posting the list - unfortunately, all of these cards, authentic or not, will be viewed very skeptically by any knowledgeable buyer. Pujols is the only player I have ever seen whose authentic autograph almost always looks fake.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
mudflap02 said:
If anyone is wondering if a Topps Turkey Red buyback is an authentic Bowman Originals card, there isn't really much you can do to help them.

Thanks for posting the list - unfortunately, all of these cards, authentic or not, will be viewed very skeptically by any knowledgeable buyer. Pujols is the only player I have ever seen whose authentic autograph almost always looks fake.

well said. I feel sorry for all the people who have these cards and they are legit, but no one is ever going to believe
that any of these are real now. Topps let us all down with crappy packaging.

I would never trust another of these bowman originals. sorry

Kevin

cubsfan_2007

Sep 22, 2010
Even if people get the cards passed by PSA it still doesn't make them legit. If someone got a 2002 Bowman card signed by Pujols at a game, they could maybe get 40.00 tops for it. But If they took that same card and got it PSA'd than put it in a Bowman Originals Case it would sell for 150-200.00 Thus there's no way to ever really know if its a true pack pulled Pujols Originals auto, or just a signed card put in a Bowman Originals case. It's just poor quality management on Topps part for not stamping the Bowman Originals logo on the top left corner of the cards.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
cubsfan_2007 said:
Even if people get the cards passed by PSA it still doesn't make them legit. If someone got a 2002 Bowman card signed by Pujols at a game, they could maybe get 40.00 tops for it. But If they took that same card and got it PSA'd than put it in a Bowman Originals Case it would sell for 150-200.00 Thus there's no way to ever really know if its a true pack pulled Pujols Originals auto, or just a signed card put in a Bowman Originals case. It's just poor quality management on Topps part for not stamping the Bowman Originals logo on the top left corner of the cards.

why would anyone trust PSA with an autograph card when they graded not only the 005/500 chrome pujols
autograph but the 5/500 chrome pujols autograph?

Kevin

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I dont think the example posted was real. Way too pointy. But that and the P are the only things I don't like about it. Maily the style because if it is 06 it SHOULD be rounded BUT is very possible he signed with a point.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
I dont think the example posted was real. Way too pointy. But that and the P are the only things I don't like about it. Maily the style because if it is 06 it SHOULD be rounded BUT is very possible he signed with a point.

point proven, if a huge pujols collector can't tell the difference then its not worth taking a chance on.

Kevin

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
schmidtfan20 said:
PujolsCollector said:

point proven, if a huge pujols collector can't tell the difference then its not worth taking a chance on.

Kevin
With those pictures being that blurry, that autograph looking weird with the A and going in a slight slant I would not touch it. I know it has a sticker on the back but how hard is it to peel a sticker off of a 20 dollar card stick it on a new card sign it yourself and sell it for 500. I would'nt touch it, I have a ton of Pujols autographs (about 30) non on cards but still I would not touch it.

Members online