Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My goodness Red Sox/Yankees games are unbearable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Are they simply unable to play a nine inning game in under four hours? It's excruciating.

The only redeeming factor is seeing John Lackey openly sell his teammates out for not making plays. That never gets old.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Being from th tri state area I am so sick of the rivalry. Overblown if you ask me.

lawhs89

Apr 3, 2011
Saw the Royals/Tigers game, those two pitchers, Francis and Fister, only took 10 seconds from getting the ball to throwing a pitch. Plus they pitched well so after an hour it was in the 6th inning.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
It really is. When the M's played Boston a few weeks ago the M's announcers had a stop watch on Josh Beckett's time between pitches and it was ridiculous. It was literally 3 times longer in between pitches than the M's pitchers.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
lawhs89 said:
Saw the Royals/Tigers game, those two pitchers, Francis and Fister, only took 10 seconds from getting the ball to throwing a pitch. Plus they pitched well so after an hour it was in the 6th inning.

Yeah, but that's done for the fans, no one wants to be put through the tourture of watching a 3 hour Royals game! :lol:

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I had a very nice time watching the game. I love watching baseball. I don't mind watching it for 4 hours instead of 3.

There were a lot of full counts last night, and a ton of two strike fouls. I think it's time for a rule change! I'm not sure how they could have sped last nights game up. The pitchers didn't take overly long in between pitches, there weren't an excessive amount of meetings at the mound. There were just a lot of batters taking a lot of pitches and some really long innings. That happens sometimes when two teams play, no matter which teams they are.

Are the commercial breaks longer during Yanks/Sox games? Because I was checking out the CWS 8 - MIN 6 box score, they scored more runs so it seems like they would have played longer, but they got it done in under 3 hours. TOR 5 - BAL 6 F/10 6 more batters came to the plate, 4 more runs were scored, 1 whole extra inning was played: 3:18. Pretty crazy. What is it that makes the Yanks/Sox games so long?

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
DeliciousBacon said:
lawhs89 said:

Yeah, but that's done for the fans, no one wants to be put through the tourture of watching a 3 hour Royals game! :lol:
I think they actually let the fans in in the 6th inning as to not make them sit for to long and suffer watching the game for more then 1 hour. Oh and the games are buy 1 seat and get 3 free for most of the games. :lol:

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
SeattleSports said:
It really is. When the M's played Boston a few weeks ago the M's announcers had a stop watch on Josh Beckett's time between pitches and it was ridiculous. It was literally 3 times longer in between pitches than the M's pitchers.
I seriously hope they keep Beckett on a leash with the lag time. It's ridiculous that PieFace gets away with such egregious time wasting. Of course if the ump calls him on it the Red Sox will probably play the game under protest.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
RL24 said:
elmalo said:
Will Hughes make it to the 3rd inning tonight?

where's boomo with his christmas tree

seemed to be good luck last night.
Was just thinking this.

I think Hughes shows up. He's been overall much better, until the last start of course. If Cervelli can keep him mixing pitches like he did in the effective starts he'll have a good chance against them. The problem is will the hitting show up.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
What did Sabathia throw last night like 130 pitches to get through 6 innings?
Just about any other game if he's in that long it's a complete game.

Lackey wasn't too far behind with pitches thrown.
In these games you also don't have many clean innings....always walks, hits - someone on base....forcing a pitcher to throw from the stretch, and when in that position there aren't too many poor hitters you're facing. Any mistake or lapse in concentration can kill you.

Having said that, those things may not mean they don't deserve any criticism....I'm sure there are some things the teams can do to speed things up a tad......but the things mentioned above can't be regulated. The times can be grating, but it's a result of unique circumstances that are routine when these two teams meet.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
braden said:
Are they simply unable to play a nine inning game in under four hours? It's excruciating.

The only redeeming factor is seeing John Lackey openly sell his teammates out for not making plays. That never gets old.

I agree that they're long. But when the score is close and it's a tight game, it's great baseball with these two teams.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
D-Lite said:
RL24 said:
elmalo said:

Was just thinking this.

I think Hughes shows up. He's been overall much better, until the last start of course. If Cervelli can keep him mixing pitches like he did in the effective starts he'll have a good chance against them. The problem is will the hitting show up.
He could. But man that fastball is just so flat. I just could see this being very ugly.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
elmalo said:
D-Lite said:
RL24 said:
elmalo said:

Was just thinking this.

He could. But man that fastball is just so flat. I just could see this being very ugly.
When he has the hook and isn't afraid to use the change up he's very effective. And he has pitched very well against the Sox before. But he's all over the place this year, so it's a total crapshoot.

Members online

Latest posts