Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jameson Taillon's season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
He's has had some rough outings and ended with a not so pretty era, but was doing so with pretty tight restrictions regarding secondary pitches. He did, however end the season on a very high note. How would you rate his season, and where do you think he will rank in next year's prospect rankings?

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
I think he had a good year, he was votest the best pitching prospect in his league, best fastball, best breaking ball, etc etc. I would imagine he would be a top 25 prospect going into 2012.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
I think his season was above my expectations.

-His 4.16 ERA is not a very reliable stat to judge his season.
-He had more than a k per inning, and only 20 BB's in over 80 innings.
-He had a 3.16 ERA with less than 1 walk per 9 innings in the first half.

I say he is in the top 15 overall next year in the prospect rankings.

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
He has 9.54 K/9 using a limited arsenal. Can't wait to see what he does when he can unleash everything. Also has a fairly decent 2.03 BB/9 and another good sign is that his FIP is 3.35, almost a full run lower than his ERA. He has having a pretty good season overall.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
asw37 said:
How would you rate his season, and where do you think he will rank in next year's prospect rankings?

I'd take him over Cole anyday.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
Jaypers said:
asw37 said:
How would you rate his season, and where do you think he will rank in next year's prospect rankings?

I'd take him over Cole anyday.

Agreed.

His price dip has allowed me to easily acquire a lot more Taillon autos for my stash.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
He had a great year given the circumstances, but the casual prospector won't be able to see that through his average/slightly above average statistics. Enormous upside and showed that he can make adjustments. I'll be adding to my stash this offseason if this is where prices stay.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I'm confident in him still. Not bad for a pro debut straight out of high school.

I'd say I'd add to my stash now too, but I've already spend about $600 on his stuff. Now I just wait.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
He had a great year given the circumstances, but the casual prospector won't be able to see that through his average/slightly above average statistics. Enormous upside and showed that he can make adjustments. I'll be adding to my stash this offseason if this is where prices stay.

I believe a certain Yankee catching prospect falls into this category as well.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Yankees1218 said:

Ok. Don't use ERA as a valid stat to judge him by, even though it's a very reliable stat to judge him by. Whatever.

Oh, but now that you've found an ERA stat that's a run lower, let's use ERA as a reliable stat

Thanks for the analysis, Joe Morgan

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
JoshHamilton said:
Yankees1218 said:

Ok. Don't use ERA as a valid stat to judge him by, even though it's a very reliable stat to judge him by. Whatever.

Oh, but now that you've found an ERA stat that's a run lower, let's use ERA as a reliable stat

Thanks for the analysis, Joe Morgan

I understand what you are trying to say, BUT you cant disregard ERA all together, just understand that there are factors in the minors that cause a players high ERA other than the pitchers actual performance. No need to go through threads finding ways to put people down.

asw37

Mar 9, 2010
the fact that they had him throwing mostly fastballs and working on his command, and restricted him from throwing the curve definitely deems the era unreliable throughout the entire season. He was throwing the curve more frequently in his final game and struck out 9 in 4.

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
asw37 said:
the fact that they had him throwing mostly fastballs and working on his command, and restricted him from throwing the curve definitely deems the era unreliable throughout the entire season. He was throwing the curve more frequently in his final game and struck out 9 in 4.

Not if he has a low ERA while pitching with restrictions. It makes it that much better.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
If there is a "casual prospector" who doesn't already know the name "Jameson Taillon" I'd be shocked, so his 2011 stats are fairly meaningless for the "casual prospector" who often seems to buy on pedigree than current stats.

Then again, most "Top Prospect" rankings are coming in taking pedigree into account as well, including league rankings where the managers are picking.

What will 2012 bring for Taillon? No one knows.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:

FWIW, you're correct. My Magic 8-Ball gave me "Cannot predict now." I didn't even ask it a question

IT'S THAT GOOD

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Hallsgator said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Hardcore insight there!
As comical as that is, it says as much about his future as the lunatic analysis by hacks on a baseball card message board talking about his 2011 season.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
[youtube:20eq8q50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s88r_q7oufE[/youtube:20eq8q50]

Hallsgator

Aug 7, 2008
Charleston, SC
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Hallsgator said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Hardcore insight there!
As comical as that is, it says as much about his future as the lunatic analysis by hacks on a baseball card message board talking about his 2011 season.
Keep thinking that, but not everyone here is a "hack", or whatever that is.

Members online

Latest posts