Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ===========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
1st day I could take my normal route to work. Still lots if roads closed, about 180,000 without power(not me). Passed lots of devastation. Very sad for those people.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
lonesomeagle1 said:
1st day I could take my normal route to work. Still lots if roads closed, about 180,000 without power(not me). Passed lots of devastation. Very sad for those people.

Brother told me about a 150 y/o covered bridge that had once visited........washed away by the high rushing waters.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Good morning, I'm up earlier than normal. Wife is sick so slept on the couch to avoid it.

Thoughts go out to all the MTers affected by the floods.

A few PC purchases on eBay lately that I had high snipes on but ended up not having any competitors and just winning for listing price. Love those.

Busted the 2004 Donruss World Series box I won last week. I liked the Snider and Brock hits.

dws04-1.jpg

Miss being able to contribute more to MT. Blocked at work and usually only get to read it at night, when most have already signed off. See I missed the Secret Santa signup - wish I got in on that - I've enjoyed doing various SS on here and Beckett in past years.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
George_Calfas said:
lonesomeagle1 said:

Brother told me about a 150 y/o covered bridge that had once visited........washed away by the high rushing waters.

That's a bummer. We have one just a couple miles up the road we live on. Not exactly sure how old it is, but it's been closed off since I was a kid. It still looks pretty nice, but not enough to drive over.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Resident Bay Fan said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2dum1aby]
lonesomeagle1 said:

That's a bummer. We have one just a couple miles up the road we live on. Not exactly sure how old it is, but it's been closed off since I was a kid. It still looks pretty nice, but not enough to drive over.[/quote:2dum1aby]

Saw that video of it washing out. Our only loss is the carpet in the music/recording studio/family room/extra bedroom/card display/basement :cry:
Need to cut up 2 trees that fell too

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
lonesomeagle1 said:
Resident Bay Fan said:
[quote="George_Calfas":rw410oh5]
lonesomeagle1 said:

That's a bummer. We have one just a couple miles up the road we live on. Not exactly sure how old it is, but it's been closed off since I was a kid. It still looks pretty nice, but not enough to drive over.

Saw that video of it washing out. Our only loss is the carpet in the music/recording studio/family room/extra bedroom/card display/basement :cry:
Need to cut up 2 trees that fell too[/quote:rw410oh5]

Please tell me that no cardboard was harmed during the storm???

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
good morning boys

crashed out at 8pm last night, so didn't make it to the comp to switch to my Ripken sig...:lol:

Brad, try sending George a PM

Ralph, you're an electrician. Just order the screen from ebay and install it...;)

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
darrend505 said:
lonesomeagle1 said:
Resident Bay Fan said:
[quote="George_Calfas":2qbqkedb]
lonesomeagle1 said:

Please tell me that no cardboard was harmed during the storm???[/quote:2qbqkedb]

Moved everything to higher ground :D
I use those giant plastic storage tubs for sets and binders. Makes it easier to move around when needed

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
lonesomeagle1 said:
darrend505 said:
lonesomeagle1 said:
Resident Bay Fan said:
[quote="George_Calfas":26uw3huj]
lonesomeagle1 said:

Please tell me that no cardboard was harmed during the storm???

Moved everything to higher ground :D
I use those giant plastic storage tubs for sets and binders. Makes it easier to move around when needed[/quote:26uw3huj]

And for when you have to evacuate in a hurry :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts