Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

a cool Ryan Howard stat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
Just found this out:
check this out!
IF Howard can hit in 17 more RBI's he will hit 800 in 6 years. He will be 7th in all time history! the only other players to do that is:
Lou Gehrig 952 in 6 seasons
Bebe Ruth 922 in 6 seasons
Jimmie Fox 853 in 6 seasons
Al Simmons 827 in 6 seasons
Sammy Sosa 824 in 6 seasons
Joe DiMaggio 816 in 6 seaons
Ryan Howard 783 in 6 seaons (so far)

WOW
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/Ryan-Howard-Armed-For-Greatness0903.html

Can Howard do it?
Lets please not make this into a hate Howard thread too. Thanks..

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Re: a cool Ryan Howard stats

and he is a stand up person too. I am still amazed by how many Philly "fans" have negative things to say about him. I guess
when you have success early, fans expect you to do that every year. Hopefully he can carry his production into
the post season.

Kevin

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Certainly elite company, certainly routine performance by Howard, but largely attributed to a team who gets on base. He's had some monster years though.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
It's too bad he started his career so late because despite his fast paces, he won't have enough time to touch any of the all time records.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
It's too bad he started his career so late because despite his fast paces, he won't have enough time to touch any of the all time records.
Being that he is only 31 and could pull another 10 years you never know. If he didnt miss all those games last year he would have it now..

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
hoopster3977 said:
I opened the thread thinking that Howard had another strikeout record.
another? he doesnt hold that record. Why do people lie about this garbage? Get your facts straight before you try to bash someone beacuse you look like the fool now... :lol:

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
bongo870 said:
hoopster3977 said:
another? he doesnt hold that record. Why do people lie about this garbage? Get your facts straight before you try to bash someone beacuse you look like the fool now... :lol:

Who is the fool?

His 199 Ks WAS the MLB-record for Ks in a season before Mark Reynolds broke it.....But if you really want to get technical, he does STILL hold the Phillies record for most Ks in a single season. So yeah, no one was making up 'garbage', its the truth.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Re: a cool Ryan Howard stats

schmidtfan20 said:
and he is a stand up person too. I am still amazed by how many Philly "fans" have negative things to say about him. I guess
when you have success early, fans expect you to do that every year. Hopefully he can carry his production into
the post season.

Kevin

Love the guy and I actually live in this city. Go to games all the time and engage in barroom chatter few times a week. I read the internet. Can't ever remember any phillies fanbase bashing the guy :| wtf are you talking about?

pujols5hof

Aug 9, 2011
Joshua.Roundtree said:
bongo870 said:
hoopster3977 said:

Who is the fool?

His 199 Ks WAS the MLB-record for Ks in a season before Mark Reynolds broke it.....But if you really want to get technical, he does STILL hold the Phillies record for most Ks in a single season. So yeah, no one was making up 'garbage', its the truth.

he does hold the record for most strikeouts in mlb since the beginning of 2006.

Latest posts