Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ian Kennedy 18-4 2.96 ERA and likely no shot at Cy Young

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
With Kershaw, Halladay and Lee also in the running.

Would 20 wins help his cause?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
With Kershaw, Halladay and Lee also in the running.

Would 20 wins help his cause?

Reaching the 20 Win plateau definitely helps, but not enough to make up the almost half a run difference in ERA. Plus Kershaw will most likely reach the 20 wins which would negate that advantage.

He's having a heck of a year though.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Lee and Halladay split votes, and Kershaw wins. I like what Kennedy is doing, and hope he keeps it up. It's a good year in the NL for pitching, that's for sure. But I don't see an arguement that someone can make for Kershaw not winning, unless he falls apart in these last fwe games. Even if that happens, Halladay probably gets is.

Kennedy is top 3-4 no doubt though.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
WOW.... took a closer look and Kershaw is just a beast

Last 10 games......

Kennedy 9-1 1.98 ERA

Kershaw 9-1 1.18 ERA

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
P_Manning 18 said:
WOW.... took a closer look and Kershaw is just a beast

Last 10 games......

Kennedy 9-1 1.98 ERA

Kershaw 9-1 1.18 ERA

Him and Kemp are just a joy to watch at Dodger stadium. Can't believe such a bad team can have two so dominate players.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Kershaw has been the best pitcher in the NL this year.

His numbers at home are just filthy.

Kennedy does deserve to be in the discussion though. He's having a Lee type breakout year.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Kennedy is having a great year no doubt, but as everyone has said, it's Kershaw's award to win.

And even if Kershaw implodes, Halladay would come in and scoop it up.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I will probably always regret not buying a beautiful '08 Heroes Patch /25 of Kennedy that a now Banned/Missing member posted as availbable...Frick!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
miguelcabrera said:
gt2590 said:
I will probably always regret not buying a beautiful '08 Heroes Patch /25 of Kennedy that a now Banned/Missing member posted as availbable...Frick!

whityscards?

No, it was a girl, and I'm pretty sure she was a Reds fan too. I remember her Avatar, but that's about it...

Oh well, shoulda, coulda. :lol:

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
He's proving once again too that D-Backs pitchers get no hobby love (Webb and Haren before him) [phil:3dn8gkrh]290450999474[/phil:3dn8gkrh] - that's an all-time high i believe

Kershaw on the other hand - [phil:3dn8gkrh]190572148152[/phil:3dn8gkrh] - this sale at $40 raw is the highest in some time.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Bet the Yanks wouldn't mind having Ian Kennedy back. Good thing that Hughes and Chamberlain were deemed untradeable.

carlitoson

Aug 7, 2008
Topnotchsy said:
Bet the Yanks wouldn't mind having Ian Kennedy back. Good thing that Hughes and Chamberlain were deemed untradeable.
I highly doubt the Yanks are regretting that trade right now. All 3 teams are probably happy with it.

It's good to see Kennedy doing well though. I agree that his cards are still a good buy.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Ian is having a great season, no doubt. Kershaw is having a great season as well, (How can I say this correctly) I think the difference here is that Kershaw is probably helping his team with more, higher number of K's, his lower ERA and such are helping because he is on a not so winning team. The DBacks are winning and scoring runs, the Dodgers not so much. So with the way he has pitched he has put his team in the game and gave them a chance to win. Again, I hope that came across the way it did in my head. :lol: :lol: :lol:

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
IPK for MVP!

Without Kennedy the Diamondbacks wouldn't have a playoff spot!

Ian Kennedy was in no way capable of pitching in the AL East when he was traded. I doubt that he would be able to pitch in the AL East today.

Members online

Latest posts