Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Odd ebay offer email, let me know what you think

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I have a card on ebay with a value around $1000. I got this email this morning, it seams a little odd to me. Im not sure if I will even respond. The wording and the shipping scare me a bit. Plus, I hate when people tell me how the transaction is going to go down. The shipper will do a check up??? I just get a bad feeling when i read it, like this wont end well. Give me your thoughts. Below is the email, there was no ebay name or anything.

How are you doing today ? i am interested in your item on the subject .Moreover, i will like to know its final price excluding shipping charges because it will be picked up personally by a private Shipping company after payment. The Shipper will be the one to do the check up and the pickup as soon as you receive payment. please get back to me as soon as possible ....

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
I believe he means check out, not check-up. However, it also seems like he wants to have a private shipping co. pickup the item in person and then ship it to him. I'd only do cash on pickup if that's the case, assuming you allow local pickup.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Avoid it. Paypal offers no seller protection on items delivered in person or from some "private delivery company". Not to mention it just sounds shady.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
sounds like the craigslist scam when you list a car and they offer to send 3000
over, you send them 2000 and use 1000 to ship the car.
any email like that is 100% BS. tell them to over night cash, and you will overnight item.
otherwise, tell them to die.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
Erich said:
Erich said:
George_Calfas said:
Stay away
+1000 Stay far away. You would have no proof of delivery as per Paypals rules.
Edit. What is his Ebay ID? How about feedback

It came through email, I have my email in the listing. So, i have neither to work with. I do have his email, i will see if i can find him on ebay with that.

edit
email address doesnt link up to ebay. I may reply back asking/telling him to make an offer thorugh ebay and see what response I get back.

Greg

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
gmsieb said:
I have a card on ebay with a value around $1000. I got this email this morning, it seams a little odd to me. Im not sure if I will even respond. The wording and the shipping scare me a bit. Plus, I hate when people tell me how the transaction is going to go down. The shipper will do a check up??? I just get a bad feeling when i read it, like this wont end well. Give me your thoughts. Below is the email, there was no ebay name or anything.

How are you doing today ? i am interested in your item on the subject .Moreover, i will like to know its final price excluding shipping charges because it will be picked up personally by a private Shipping company after payment. The Shipper will be the one to do the check up and the pickup as soon as you receive payment. please get back to me as soon as possible ....

This is random, but did you used to be on the OLD Aol sports card chatroom....Wayyyyyy back when?

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Tell them fine please send to

ITS Africa Hot internet cafe
PO BOX Sucka
Nigiera, Somewhere in Africa

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
JTfor3 said:
gmsieb said:

This is random, but did you used to be on the OLD Aol sports card chatroom....Wayyyyyy back when?

yes, years ago,i miss that old room. What was your name???

greg

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
jcmint said:
Tell them fine please send to

ITS Africa Hot internet cafe
PO BOX Sucka
Nigiera, Somewhere in Africa

I would, but I already used that on some strasmania guy.

greg

Members online

Latest posts