Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Part Time Players wih Full Time Jobs Next Year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
John Mayberry has been on fire for the Phils with 13 HR now and solid D. With Ibanez in the last year of his contract and the Phils needing to resign Hamels, Rollins, and Madson, they need a cheap LF. Mayberry has to have the inside track at this point, especially because he can also play CF. He's been a spare part up to this time, but he seems to have turned a corner.

Lucas Duda is probably in the same boat as the hit another HR today, is batting 3rd and isn't blocked by anyone else.

Anyone else?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I know it's been a small sample, but Green in Milwaukee has impressed in a Sep. call-up and I'm sure the organization wants him to play.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Desmond Jennings and Paul Goldschmidt have both probably shown enough to win starting jobs,

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
hive17 said:
I know it's been a small sample, but Green in Milwaukee has impressed in a Sep. call-up and I'm sure the organization wants him to play.

Is there any chance they can sign Fielder? They're having such a great year it would suck to split up Braun and Fielder.

G

How about Trevor Plouffe? Should be starting SS next season after being called up three times

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
tpeichel said:
hive17 said:

Is there any chance they can sign Fielder? They're having such a great year it would suck to split up Braun and Fielder.

It would be great, sure, but only if it was for a team-friendly contract (years mostly). I think the organization could pull the coin out of thier asses (I heard somewhere that the owner has had billion-dollar offers on a $270(?) million investment), but Fielder could go downhill fast, and could drag the team with it. But I'd be all for keeping Fielder; he's a BIG part of the success this team has had since 2005.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
I think Descalso (though I am a little bias) is in and Theriot is out next year. Descalso is a great fielder and Theriot is not. Schumaker will probably be on the bench (though he swings a very good bat) or back in right, if they dont sign Berkman to save money for Pujols. Jay will play center because of the Rasmus trade. I think they will resign Pujols and then release a bunch of low level players to afford him or wait until the end of his carrer to pay the biggest portions of it.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
tpeichel said:
John Mayberry has been on fire for the Phils with 13 HR now and solid D. With Ibanez in the last year of his contract and the Phils needing to resign Hamels, Rollins, and Madson, they need a cheap LF. Mayberry has to have the inside track at this point, especially because he can also play CF. He's been a spare part up to this time, but he seems to have turned a corner.

Lucas Duda is probably in the same boat as the hit another HR today, is batting 3rd and isn't blocked by anyone else.

Anyone else?

I truly think the Phils go Domonic/Shane/Hunter in the OF next year, with Mayberry being an amazing OF bat off the bench.

As for the topic at hand: Bourgeouis, JD Martinez and Bogusevic should all be starters in the OF in Houston next year and Altuve at 2B (3 of the 4 were late season call ups).

Alex Pressley in PIT I think ends up a starting OF (Cutch/Tabata/Pressley with Jones going to 1st maybe?).

Trout I would assume is an obvious starter next year, maybe Yonder Alonso in Cincy (Especially if they DO trade Votto for another big star), Kyle Blanks in SD should start the ENTIRE season next year.

I know there are more, but these ones are off the top of my head.

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
GoldenBuckeyes said:
How about Trevor Plouffe? Should be starting SS next season after being called up three times

Nishioka has two more years though, right?

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
Anthony K. said:
tpeichel said:

Anyone else?

I truly think the Phils go Domonic/Shane/Hunter in the OF next year, with Mayberry being an amazing OF bat off the bench.

As for the topic at hand: Bourgeouis, JD Martinez and Bogusevic should all be starters in the OF in Houston next year and Altuve at 2B (3 of the 4 were late season call ups).

Alex Pressley in PIT I think ends up a starting OF (Cutch/Tabata/Pressley with Jones going to 1st maybe?).

Trout I would assume is an obvious starter next year, maybe Yonder Alonso in Cincy (Especially if they DO trade Votto for another big star), Kyle Blanks in SD should start the ENTIRE season next year.

I know there are more, but these ones are off the top of my head.

Pretty good list. Domonic will get his shot. Either way, the Phils should be alright in the OF. If you're right about the Astros, they are going to be horrible. I like Presley, he's the kind of guy the Pirates should build around. Cincinatti roster is pretty crowded with a bunch of 3B/LF options. Stubbs and Bruce are set but then you have Heisey, Alonso, Frazier, Juan Francisco, Sappelt. One way or the other they should get Alonso into the lineup. I think you're right on Blanks too.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
tpeichel said:
GoldenBuckeyes said:

Nishioka has two more years though, right?

Thats right. They would have to double time both of them, or get plouffe in at 2nd. I have no idea why Casilla has been in the organization for so long. He's solid defensively, and has had 1 good offensive season. Its like punto all over again.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Magglio's contract expires at the end of this year. That should free up space for Boesch to be an everyday player.

Inge will have one more year on his contract but I can't see the Tigers going into 2012 with him as the starter. Castellanos will not be ready. Unless they get a free agent, they will probably roll with Betemit again.

I expect the Tigers to take the $10 million off the books from Magglio's contract to go out and get a starter. Penny has been bad all year. And who knows what direction Porcello's career will take. At the beginning of this year, the Tigers had some guys that could have been called up from the minors to help. Oliver, Furbush, Below, Wilk and Turner (OK, Turner was only a spot starter) were all given opportunities to fill a starting spot and they weren't effective. Now the farm system appears to be short on starters (except Turner).

I just remembered, Valverde's contract expires at the end of this year. They will definitely have to pay up to keep him after the year he has had.

Members online

Latest posts