Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Milb Performances - 9/5 (Final Day)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today is the final day of the regular season. Looks as though most of the teams who made it to the playoffs are saving their best starters until then.

Notables:

Jeurys Familia
Trevor Bauer
David Holmberg
Juan Oramas
Cody Scarpetta
Jacob Petricka

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
I would like to thank you JP for doing this almost every single day this season. It has been the most usefull thread for me and you are greatly underappreciated.

I hope more people take the time to thank you.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Question: should I continue making these threads for the Milb playoffs? As their stats don't count, it's questionable as to whether or not people here really care about how they do.

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Yankees1218 said:
I would like to thank you JP for doing this almost every single day this season. It has been the most usefull thread for me and you are greatly underappreciated.

I hope more people take the time to thank you.

I second this statement. JP does a great job & the few who trash him once in a while are most likely fans of these threads nonetheless.

Keep up the great work JP! And sure keep it going through the playoffs, it will still be fun to follow your players.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Jaypers, thank you so much for doing this for the entire season! If you would do this for the playoffs, I would most certainly be appreciative of that gesture :) Thank you again and hopefully the rest of the board will thank you as well!

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
If nothing else, maybe just a single MiLB playoff thread that we can update each day. I'd also like to thank you for all the time you have put into keeping these threads active each day. For a prospector, the MiLB threads are one of the best things about FCB.

In regard to the end of the MiLB season, I'll be getting a little more active with my blog the next couple weeks with some end of year all-underrated teams, lists, thoughts, etc. Please contact me if any of you have any ideas you'd like to share.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Get this - just found out Drew Pomeranz will be starting for Tulsa today.

Here I thought he was out for the remainder of the year, due to appendicitis.

Also --

Tim Beckham HR (5) - AAA

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
Jaypers said:
Get this - just found out Drew Pomeranz will be starting for Tulsa today.

Here I thought he was out for the remainder of the year, due to appendicitis.

Also --

Tim Beckham HR (5) - AAA

Old news JP on the Pomeranz...he's slated to be called to Denver if all goes well! :shock:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Christian Yelich HR (15) - great year for the kid

Neftali Soto HR - first in AAA

Will Middlebrooks HR (2) - AAA

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Damn. The Mobile/Huntsville doubleheader has been rained out.

No Bauer. No Scarpetta.

::facepalm:: :benson:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Brett Jackson HR (10) - AAA

Sean Coyle HR (13)

Derek Norris HR (20)

Jorge Vazquez HR (32)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Great season for Keyvius Sampson. 6 IP, 5 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 8 K :cool:

Another HR for Sean Coyle (14)

Jeurys Familia - 5 IP, 7 H, 3 R, 2 BB, 4 K

zdf123

Jan 21, 2011
Anybody know what's going on with pomeranz? milb.com front page says he's hitless through 6, and gameday/boxscore says he was pulled after 3

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Matt Dominguez called up the Marlins, will debut tomorrow.

Evidently Milb.com screwed up, and Pomeranz went only 3 IP.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Ryan Strieby ends on a high note, 2-4, HR (19), 3 RBI

It was a real up and down season for him, but even through a long homerless drought he still ended up with 19. I haven't given up hope yet.

And I was hoping Nolan Arenado would get back to .300 on the season today, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen unless he gets hits in two at bats in a row. A very impressive season for him nonetheless.

Members online