Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Unreal cheating in FCB member's $$$ fantasy baseball league

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
If member J_Hamilton_32 's fantasy baseball etiquette and ethics are a microcosm of how he deals in cards, I'd stay far, far away. We just finished our season in a H2H league and I missed the playoffs by 1 game because his immature, d-bag of a friend decided to bench his whole team during the final matchup so that his buddy would finish 10-0 and leapfrog me and another FCB member into the playoffs, assuring that one of us would be eliminated. In case there was any doubt about the guys intent, here is what he wrote for his team slogan: "Pulling all the starters to sabotage M-E-T-S because, well, f*** that guy."

Not only will the commish not do anything at all about it (he definitely has the power to correct this crap) given his response "didn't notice he took out his players i've been busy all week" while never addressing it again, but he described this league as an FCB league to begin with only for me to find out that he had all of his ******* seemingly middle school-aged friends douching it up in the draft room. I paid money for this crap and have effectively been robbed.

Moral of the story is be careful when you join league's promoted by FCB members (most on here are great but there are ********... exhibit A above). It wasn't a ton of money and I'm not about to lose sleep over it but it definitely pisses me off, especially considering I monitored the team all season for it to end like this.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Usually nothing is less interesting than someone wanting to talk or tell you about their fantasy team. No one cares about your team or league. We all have them. But this is interesting. Waits for what jham has to say...

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
Wow, that is a ROUGH move. At the same time, I am not sure what can really be done. If someone decides to tank it, outside of unfair trades, what can you do?

skrip

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
ballerskrip said:
Wow, that is a ROUGH move. At the same time, I am not sure what can really be done. If someone decides to tank it, outside of unfair trades, what can you do?

skrip

Most league's give commissioner's the ability to stat correct or retroactively make roster moves to other teams. What kills me is that the league was COMPLETELY misrepresented. He said it was an FCB league, so I assumed it would be all FCB people who would care throughout the season or at least if they didn't, they certainly wouldn't pull this crap. Having your team linked to your FCB account means something to me, as shady crap done in fantasy could spill over and cause people to question your FCB credibility and reputation in the hobby. I'm in a legit football league now with 9 other FCB members and I can't see any of them pulling any of this nonsense because they wouldn't want to compromise their hobby rep.

matchpenalty said:
Usually nothing is less interesting than someone wanting to talk or tell you about their fantasy team. No one cares about your team or league. We all have them. But this is interesting. Waits for what jham has to say...

I can't agree with this statement more, that's why I avoided the painful details of who I had, etc.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Nice and to think you were going to win it all. ::facepalm::
Dude sadly enough this thing can and will happen. But we never know if J...Hamltion even had any knowledge of this.

I know you paid for the league, but all is fair in love and war, but in fantasy you do what you can do to win is how it was said to me many years ago.
I'm not saying anything here is right, I'm saying you can not control any other of the teams in the league. This is why I never get in a pay league since I trust no one when it comes to money. ;)

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
There's a reason nobody wanted to join his fantasy football league this year. Never join a money league if you can't trust the commish, regardless if it's an "FCB league" or not.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
The guy is a banana. Sorry this happened to you, but honestly it would have take you 5 minutes of reading his posts to know this.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
So wait somebody ELSE not JH decided to bench their team and he gets the blame? Also did he maximize his chance of winning by doing that YES was it a smart move YES was it right NO. I don't see where his fantasy baseball has anything to do with his card deals.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
PujolsCollector said:
So wait somebody ELSE not JH decided to bench their team and he gets the blame? Also did he maximize his chance of winning by doing that YES was it a smart move YES was it right NO. I don't see where his fantasy baseball has anything to do with his card deals.

If he did indeed know about the other team and had a part in what they did, I wouldn't want to be dealing with him. Would you make a card deal with someone that knowingly cheats others out of money, fantasy baseball related or not? That is how it relates to card deals.

I guess if it doesn't bother you, to each his own. But I think anyone who reads this thread should at least seriously consider the situation before thinking of dealing with him again.

That all of course is assuming he is guilty in this situation. He has yet to tell his side of the story.

Titans74

Oct 28, 2010
PujolsCollector said:

Once a lying cheat, always a lying cheat. Whether it's in card deals, fantasy or life in general. I wouldn't deal with someone who stoops so low as to have to cheat in order to win a fantasy league.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
PujolsCollector said:

This is one reason we always state up front you must field a full non-dl team up front. And cap transactions per week so you can't just pick up a team of scrubs.

Also add a minimum innings per week limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.