Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2009 Topps Pat Neshek Auto with Inscriptions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

disengager

Aug 7, 2008
Seattle
Neshak is the man. Out of the 4 TTM's I sent out a few months back, he's the only one who returned my card, an 08' A&G State card.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Those are really sweet cards. Some of those sellers will be stunned at how high his certs will sell for, especially the first few. With all his hardcore fans wanting to get his first autograph insert cards. Reading what he posted on his website. He did 10 per on most of his inscriptions. Like MLB debut, sidearmer, Go Twins, patneshek.com ect.. He even signed his first sticker, my very first certified auto and signed his last sticker, his last one.

RandomH

WHAT PAT SAID

"It's a done deal, two weeks ago I finished my first Certified Autograph signing for Topps and I'm here to fill you in on all the details. This was actually a pretty cool process and it all started by signing a contract with Topps. If some of you have been active readers on here you remember back in July when I said I signed a contract with Topps to sign 500 cards for $5 a card. Well I was really excited just to get a certified card that will be in packs of cards. So two weeks ago I attended a MLBPA retail summit in Denver and was ready to start signing my cards. This is when I found out that Topps upped the # of cards I would sign to 1000...not a problem with me! When any player signs for Topps it needs to be watched by a Topps official or someone that can certify that I actually signed the cards and no one else like my wife or brother jumped in and signed a couple (this has happened in the past with players). In my case the person in charge of watching me was Evan Kaplan, director of trading cards for the MLBPA. Evan had to sign an affidavit swearing that he would watch me sign every card. Most of the times the watcher gets paid for taking time out to watch every card get signed...I think it's around $75 but I'm not sure so don't quote me. It's a really boring job, could you imagine sitting around for 3-4 hours watching a guy sign 1000 cards.... not fun. To start Evan opened up a sealed manila envelope that contains instructions on signing, 3 Blue Staedtler pens and 1025 stickers. I think the extra 25 were there for accidents or screwups...I had a couple and just peeled off the sticker and threw it away. I also got bored with one and put one on my 2007 Topps card making it look like the real deal...this was something I always wanted to do. Well from there it was signing, signing and more signing. It took me around 3 hours to sign 1000 cards and for those of you wondering I did use a different autograph so I could get them done quicker...just kidding, I will never change my auto contrary to some of the veteran graphers out there saying I would change once I got to the bigs. Well signing 1000 cards was pretty boring but I had to make it a little fun and hopefully add some spice to finding one of my cards in future Topps products. On every so many pages (25 stickers per page) I would put different inscriptions on them. For the first 5 auto I wrote, 1st certified autograph ever with the date and the next one I wrote 2nd cert auto ever with the date. After I did that I wrote 10 that contained www.patneshek.com. You guys get the point. Here's all the inscriptions I wrote. 10 that said www.neshek.com, 10 that said sidearmer, 10 that had 7/7/06 MLB Debut and #72, 10 that had 2007 MLB ALL STAR FINAL VOTE, 10 that said Go Twins, 10 that said STRK 3 and finished up the day signing my last cert entitled "my last cert auto!" Hopefully you guys will get a kick out of finding these and seeing them pop up next year in different Topps products. Topps does not tell me where they will appear so be prepared to find these next year! Be sure to check out all the pics here."

100_0831.JPG

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
It would be great if more players had this type of excitement about signing autograph for the fans. Truly great stuff.

pray4mojo

Aug 7, 2008
Papillion, NE
I've had the fortune of meeting Pat a couple times during Spring Training. He really is as cool as his post would make him seem to be. We talked for about 10 minutes about his web site after a game a few years ago.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Good God, even a card collector like Pat wasn' sent cards to sign, but stickers?? I mean cmon, if anyone
would understand what we like wouldn't it be this guy? Just plain lazy on topps part. Sticker autos look
like garbage. On card inscriptions would of been way more cooler.

Anyone realize the ink comes off with alcohol?

Cmon topps

Kevin

jeremy

Aug 7, 2008
YOU KNOW
When any player signs for Topps it needs to be watched by a Topps official or someone that can certify that I actually signed the cards and no one else like my wife or brother jumped in and signed a couple (this has happened in the past with players)

wait wut??

that means......

dude

Latest posts