Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ebay am i getting duked

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I won a 2011 mark sanchez "super refractor" finest moments auto redemption on monday. Got a strange feeling in my gut to pay quick, he had a $50 BIN and i thought he may try to back out or run or get a better offer. Well, this morning, I wake up to a refund and this little message.

Message from merchant: greg.. i am soo sorry... i have to reimburse you on your redemption card.. the cleaning crew that does my store took my papers they thought were recycle and shredded which they are instructed to do.. i must have left this card on my desk. my fault.sorry

To me its a pretty obvious lie. I sent an email telling him so. I know i will never see the card and i got my money back, should I do more? Neg feedback? Complain to ebay? What are your thoughs and how would you handle this? Should I just let it go and move on and go to the beach with my kids today?

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
I sent him an email asking him to do the right thing and that i know he has the card. We'll see what happens. So far, he hasnt responded. Ive never had to leave a neg before and dont like to hurt people. Keep an eye out for the card, Im sure it will pop up on ebay or somewhere under another acct. For now, im gonna get work done quick and go to the beach for the day.

I will keep this posted,

Greg

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Yes there is a lot you can do. Ask him for the name of the cleaning crew and proof the item was shredded. I would say he does not have a crew clean his store since this would be a added expense in a down economy.
Next drop the N-bomb and then block the seller in your block list if you sell since he may try and be a d-bag about the
whole thing. Also watch for him to list the card again in the future, so save a screen capture of the auction and let eBay know
when the guy puts all the pieces back together, because you know he is going to. But then again he may have sold it at the store too for all you would know.

Sorry this happened to you but it does happen.

Scooterg61 is the seller for those who want to know.
[ebay:2xpovz7h]190573848941[/ebay:2xpovz7h]

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
he should have manned up and said it was a mistake and could not follow thru on the sale. That type of stuff happens all the time and could be forgiven. Lies can not neg him it is deserved

gmsieb said:
I won a 2011 mark sanchez "super refractor" finest moments auto redemption on monday. Got a strange feeling in my gut to pay quick, he had a $50 BIN and i thought he may try to back out or run or get a better offer. Well, this morning, I wake up to a refund and this little message.

Message from merchant: greg.. i am soo sorry... i have to reimburse you on your redemption card.. the cleaning crew that does my store took my papers they thought were recycle and shredded which they are instructed to do.. i must have left this card on my desk. my fault.sorry

To me its a pretty obvious lie. I sent an email telling him so. I know i will never see the card and i got my money back, should I do more? Neg feedback? Complain to ebay? What are your thoughs and how would you handle this? Should I just let it go and move on and go to the beach with my kids today?

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
LOL, I sent him an email, telling him to do the right thing and be honest. I told him, with the picture from the auction we could call topps and explain everything and maybe get the if they saw the picture. I knew it wouldnt work, but wanted to see what he'd say. He answered back saying, he called them, but they wouldnt help, they need the numbers. And when I asked about the shreddings, he said he wasnt going to look through a vat for the shreddings. JC im with you, if the dude would just man up and say he got a better offer, sorry, id accept it, wouldnt be pleased, but I would accept it. But to make up such a stupid story and to stick to it, is insane and so full of crap. I will probably just leave a neg in a bit and move on. Thanks for the help and opinions. keep an eye out for the card, when it pops up, let me know. Thanks guys,

Greg

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
that happens in the transaction forums all the time.

Joshua.Roundtree said:
It was probably one of many 'awesome' members of this site that emailed him offering twice as much to sell to them.

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I dont know if you are or not. I just thought it was funny. I've heard of duped but never duked though we're usually a few years behind here in the South. Sorry for the interruption and for your unfortunate situation. Carry on!

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
gmsieb said:
I sent him an email asking him to do the right thing and that i know he has the card. We'll see what happens. So far, he hasnt responded. Ive never had to leave a neg before and dont like to hurt people. Keep an eye out for the card, Im sure it will pop up on ebay or somewhere under another acct. For now, im gonna get work done quick and go to the beach for the day.

I will keep this posted,

Greg

greg, cmon enough of i dont like to hurt people. not hurting people who deserve it like this piece of sht,
is why they keep getting away with it. you must neg and warn others of this chicanery :D

gmsieb

Apr 19, 2011
boomo said:
gmsieb said:

I will keep this posted,

Greg

greg, cmon enough of i dont like to hurt people. not hurting people who deserve it like this piece of sht,
is why they keep getting away with it. you must neg and warn others of this chicanery :D

I will. I have heard that from a few of you I respect. Thanks for your opinion and keeping it to point.

Greg

Members online