Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would'nt it be cool (Chrome related)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Just shootin the poo with some hobbiests and we stumbled on a topic that I thought would be pretty cool. For each parallel color(including the Xfractors) Topps could add a redemption for a master set. For instance, you could pull the redemption for the entire blue refractor auto set with a special 'master proof set 1/1' stamp on the front and add them in as redemptions. They could make a master set like that for each color. Anyway, just thought I'd share this idea, I know I would be excited to pull a master proof set!

EDIT: I really do not think this would lessen the value of the supers either, but just add value to the existing product.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
I really do not think this would lessen the value of the supers either, but just add value to the existing product.

Think that could be true, but that would be quite a few more 1/1's.

If that were an issue - I think it would still be a cool idea even if they just pulled a complete set out of the print run.
I suppose with that the issue would be potentially taking the very limited parallels out of circulation.....so maybe you couldn't do it with the lower numbered one's......but even if it were limited to stuff like a complete set of refractor auto's or blue refractors, that would be a pretty cool redemption to pull.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
Or maybe Topps could add redemptions for an entire set of refractors or something with the same serial number (have they done that in the past?).

Unfortunately, while it's a neat idea that will add value to a product, it likely won't be done since it'll add to the cost of production for Topps and will not really help sell the product.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
cmnkb8 said:
Or maybe Topps could add redemptions for an entire set of refractors or something with the same serial number (have they done that in the past?).

Unfortunately, while it's a neat idea that will add value to a product, it likely won't be done since it'll add to the cost of production for Topps and will not really help sell the product.

Yeah, looking at it from a production perspective, they really have no reason to do so, but I just thought it would be cool to pull a redemption for a complete 1/1 'special' set of various things like parallel auto sets, or refractor sets, ect.. Something with special stamping, ect...

Clearly it would have to be done as a gesture to the collector/hobby and not for any other reason like to help sales.

(not that it would hurt sales imo..)

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
yea i mentioned this idea over on fanbro today i think it would be cool

if not a 1/1 even do a set where you get every one like say ok refs are /199 whomever gets the set every card is 1/199

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Topps did something like that with Bowman Chrome football a few years back. I believe it was 2004 with Roethlisberger and Eli ect.. I saw a complete encased Red Refractor auto set of the rookies at a show and they were all numbered like 3/10 or something like that. It was a very impressive set to see.

~AJ

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
I think that UD did something like this concept with their SP authentic By the Letter sets back in 06 & 07. If I remember correctly there was at least 1 redemption for each player that was good for the entire letterman set of that player. The sets were not part of the original pack pulled cards that would be numbered as high as like 120. There was only a certain number of each players redemption set. I don't think they made more than like 4 or 5 redemptions for the full set of each player, so the most that any full set was serial #d to was #/4 or #/5.

Similar but different.

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
yea the SPA is what made me think of it

they made the cards loook diff (diff pic of player lil diff color letters in pack where say home jersey redemption sets where away ect)

and then you got a full nameplate #/5 or less where its numbered out of the number of redemption made

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
There was a Topps Set recently that had like 10 Complete Master Sets, i want to say they were BLUE.

Anyone remember that?

Members online

Latest posts