Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospectors: Would you crack and resubmit this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Grade BGS 8.5

Centering 10
Corners 9.5
Edges 9.5
surface 7.5

xfractor rookie auto of highly sought after player

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I wouldn't just because the surface is "so far off" from a 9 that whatever the issue was is a pretty big issue and the chances that it was a "error" or something the grader overlooked is unlikely.

But, then again, it wouldn't hurt to try.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Messier2 said:
I wouldn't just because the surface is "so far off" from a 9 that whatever the issue was is a pretty big issue and the chances that it was a "error" or something the grader overlooked is unlikely.

Thanks. I'm staring at this thing and can't figure out why it got a 7.5 in surface. Does an 8.5 sell better than a raw?

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
markakis8 said:
Messier2 said:

Thanks. I'm staring at this thing and can't figure out why it got a 7.5 in surface. Does an 8.5 sell better than a raw?

It could but I just think that anything less than a "9" would turn a lot of people off thinking there is some horrible surface issue which makes it (here is the key point) difficult for them to re-sell the card!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Messier2 said:
markakis8 said:
Messier2 said:

It could but I just think that anything less than a "9" would turn a lot of people off thinking there is some horrible surface issue which makes it (here is the key point) difficult for them to re-sell the card!

So you are saying, crack the baby?

EDIT: Obviously if there is a serious flaw to the naked eye, I would mention it. But I really can't see one with it encased.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Depends on the rookie to be honest. A 7.5 will usually mean xfr lines on a xfr. those cant be overlooked or fixed with a clothe

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
jcmint said:
Depends on the rookie to be honest. A 7.5 will usually mean xfr lines on a xfr. those cant be overlooked or fixed with a clothe

Well I think that's what it is. I didn't see the line until I scanned it. :(

scan0908.jpg

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I received an almost identical grade on an X that I submitted. I absolutely missed an xfractor line. If you're looking to resub, I'd consider PSA as they seem to be somewhat more lenient on lines.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I bumped 4 cards I received that had 8 grades on surface that I submitted together. I re-submitted them at the National and received 9 grades, and all cards were bumped to BgS 9.5. The grader must have had a bad day.

Yes, I would re-submit them.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
hoopster3977 said:
I bumped 4 cards I received that had 8 grades on surface that I submitted together. I re-submitted them at the National and received 9 grades, and all cards were bumped to BgS 9.5. The grader must have had a bad day.

Yes, I would re-submit them.

Wow, good stuff.

Looks like I'll be cracking this baby.

MiracleMatthew

Jan 15, 2010
Midland, TX
Just sell it raw. I don't even buy 9's and I know a bunch of guys that are the same way. I would never even consider an 8.5. You will get more money for it raw

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts