Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 topps Platinum hits the bay!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
It looks good, but if it's like any other Topps product this year, Locker will be an SP. :( Another product where I'm sticking to singles, as those ridiculously high numbered low profile autos make a solo break far too dangerous.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Wow 2175?

That doesn't make me buy a box. Looks like you'd have to be extremely lucky to pull the better rookies - I'm guessing there aren't +2,000 auto's of guys like Locker, Netwon and Ingram.
May have to buy some singles though......even the "bad" I can live with. Decent design and on-card auto, so I can live with the workout pic.

mstng99tim

Apr 6, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
The fronts of them say player worn. There are patch cards of players that weren't at the rookie premiere, so they have to be player worn. Topps probably shipped the jerseys to the players and said here, put these on and then take them off, then ship them back to us.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Looks like the Topps SP list has carried over. Two days and not a single Locker Platinum auto on ebay. The same applies for Ingram.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Shi Guy said:
Looks like the Topps SP list has carried over. Two days and not a single Locker Platinum auto on ebay. The same applies for Ingram.

Yeah, this is going to be all year. I would say that the good thing is that they will be worth more, but the bad thing is that they will be tougher to get.

Shi Guy

Jul 23, 2010
Seattle, Wa
Gellman said:
Shi Guy said:

Yeah, this is going to be all year. I would say that the good thing is that they will be worth more, but the bad thing is that they will be tougher to get.

I appreciate the info, and I know you have an in with Topps; has this been confirmed?

What kills me is Topps has really stepped it up design-wise, leaving me with a large number of cards I want from their products. I'd love to try some more Topps boxes, but I just can't pull the trigger. I suppose that what it boils down to is that with Topps the odds are that you're going to pull a high #'d auto of a low profile rookie. Whereas with Panini, the chances are better that you'll pull a big name, but it will be a high numbered relic card with multiple variations.

wheeler281

Mar 6, 2009
I actually think topps could have taken the compnay to different level... All the good product they have put out this year have been diminished by all the number/foiling variations. They have taken the triple threads idea to an extreme with the useless numbering.. Long term theses products will fight to hold value

Members online

Latest posts