Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps Chrome purple ref error (Ryan Howard)...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Anyone else have a Ryan Howard purple refractor to compare? I'm wondering if this happened to all Ryan Howards or just this one. The serial # is supposed to be where the gold bar is and not on the side of the card. No Howard purple ref on ebay yet...

scan0952.jpg

scan0951.jpg

rbadger

Aug 10, 2008
Wake Forest, NC
That's a strange looking Howard "grey box" on the bottom. Perhaps they put the serial number on the side because of this. Here's my purple Conger with a "normal" grey box that holds the serial number nicely....

Top-6.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Yah all my other purples look like your Conger. I was just hoping someone else pulled a Ryan Howard purple. Didn't know if they were all like this or I had a rarity.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Maybe it's just the pattern of the foil, but it looks like a serial # was stamped and then covered over with the foil. If Topps had some issues like stamping the wrong #s on some of the refractors, and you happened across one of them, I'm sure someone would pay you crazy money for it.

MarinerswinWS

Oct 18, 2010
Tacoma, WA
This happened to some of Aroldis Chapman's 2010 Bowman Sterling Base Autos were there was a little foil box were a serial number would have been if it were a refractor auto but it wasn't. I pulled one and it had the same foil box like on your Ryan Howard. Maybe if you pull the foil off it will be a 1/1?!? Haha very interesting though... probably just wrong serial numbering.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
What are the odds. Just bought my first blaster and got the same Purple Howard. Mine looks just the same:

howard.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Sold mine for $13 dlvd. Not bad I suppose for others being out there.

Members online

Latest posts