Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stephen Strasburg Cards, Autographs.... Future???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eamon

Jun 16, 2010
Where do you think Strasburg Auto (cards) are going to end up???

They made a small jump in the last 10 days but almost nothing since his last start. A TC Blue Auto actually sold for $202 tonight when they were at $230-$250 a week or so ago...

Does he need to be GREAT the rest of the year or just one more start for a bump???

Just confusing to me.... Let me know what you think.

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
crystal_ball.jpg

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
People who are still thinking they're going to get back up to the levels they were at when he first pitched are delusional. They'll never be that high. I'd say, just like any other prospect save more volatility, if he performs well his cards will see increases.

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I think the truth of the matter is that the majority was expecting Strasburg to come back and strike out 10+ through five innings. Although he had a very good outing, most were disillusioned and, to them, his performance Tuesday was "ho-hum" and not spectacular enough to cause mass hysteria on Ebay. I thought he did great given the situation, but most collectors don't think realistically.

In the short run, he's going to have to do something spectacular, like hit 101 on the gun and strike out 10+ and/or have a no hitter going through 6 for his cards to see big jumps. In the long-run, he will be a great pitcher (IMO), and eventually his cards will climb, albeit slowly.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
His cards have no where to go but down.They were way to high to begin with.Even if he has 400 strikeouts next year I don't think they will jump much.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
hofmichael said:
His cards have no where to go but down.They were way to high to begin with.Even if he has 400 strikeouts next year I don't think they will jump much.

I'm going to disagree. No pitcher has had over 400K's in the modern era, and if Strasburg is on pace to do that next year, the hysteria will reach or even surpass the peak of 2010. Of course, he probably won't do that, but will likely still have a fine season, although he may hit a few road bumps along the way which will temper some of the unrealistic expectations, and will cause prices to remain relatively flat. If he struggles, then obviously prices drop.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
cmnkb8 said:
hofmichael said:

I'm going to disagree. No pitcher has had over 400K's in the modern era, and if Strasburg is on pace to do that next year, the hysteria will reach or even surpass the peak of 2010. Of course, he probably won't do that, but will likely still have a fine season, although he may hit a few road bumps along the way which will temper some of the unrealistic expectations, and will cause prices to remain relatively flat. If he struggles, then obviously prices drop.
I think people are going be overly cautious about investing in him.Many people got burnt the first time around so people are not going to leave themselves open to that again.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
200lbhockeyplayer said:
400Ks?!?! Come on now.

No one has even had 270K since guys like Johnson, Schilling and Pedro retired.
No kidding.It wasn't a realistic stat.It was an absurd number I used in making my point that his cards started so high there isn't room for them to grow.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
hofmichael said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
400Ks?!?! Come on now.

No kidding.It wasn't a realistic stat.It was an absurd number I used in making my point that his cards started so high there isn't room for them to grow.
I know that, I was directing towards to almost serious response to it.

hofmichael

Sep 19, 2008
Albany,NY
200lbhockeyplayer said:
hofmichael said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
400Ks?!?! Come on now.

I know that, I was directing towards to almost serious response to it.
:oops: my bad

Members online

Latest posts