Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA's Cape Cod League Top 30 Prospects List

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Subscribers can also view scouting reports.

Note - Stanford righty Mark Appel and Florida catcher Mike Zunino both just missed qualifying for this list (which required one plate appearance per team game for hitters, 1/3 inning per team game for starting pitchers or 10 appearances for relievers). Both likely would have ranked in the top five had they been eligible.

1. Deven Marrero, ss, Cotuit (Jr., Arizona State)
2. Chris Beck, rhp, Cotuit (Jr., Georgia Southern)
3. Ryne Stanek, rhp, Bourne (So., Arkansas)
4. Brian Johnson, lhp/1b, Yarmouth-Dennis (Jr., Florida)
5. John Simms, rhp, Falmouth (So., Rice)
6. Victor Roache, of, Cotuit (Jr., Georgia Southern)
7. Colin Moran, 3b, Bourne (So., North Carolina)
8. Kyle Zimmer, rhp, Cotuit (Jr., San Francisco)
9. Ryan Eades, rhp, Bourne (So., Louisiana State)
10. Travis Jankowski, of, Bourne (Jr., Stony Brook)
11. Richie Shaffer, 1b/3b, Chatham (Jr., Clemson)
12. Stephen Piscotty, 3b/1b/of, Yarmouth-Dennis (Jr., Stanford)
13. Brandon Thomas, of, Wareham (Jr., Georgia Tech)
14. Jason Monda, of, Brewster (So., Washington State)
15. Konner Wade, rhp, Wareham (So., Arizona)
16. J.T. Chargois, rhp, Brewster (Jr., Rice)
17. Andrew Heaney, lhp, Falmouth (Jr., Oklahoma State)
18. Bobby Wahl, rhp, Cotuit (So., Mississippi)
19. Josh Conway, rhp, Bourne (Jr., Coastal Carolina)
20. Buck Farmer, rhp, Chatham (Jr., Georgia Tech)
21. Carter Capps, rhp, Harwich (SIGNED: Mariners)
22. Kyle Hansen, rhp, Yarmouth-Dennis (Jr., St. John's)
23. Jack Armstrong, rhp, Yarmouth-Dennis (SIGNED: Astros)
24. Adam Brett Walker, of/1b, Hyannis (Jr., Jacksonville)
25. Austin Wilson, of, Harwich (So., Stanford)
26. James Ramsey, of, Yarmouth-Dennis (Sr., Florida State)
27. Jeremy Baltz, of, Falmouth (Jr., St. John's)
28. Dylan Floro, rhp, Hyannis (Jr., Cal State Fullerton)
29. Dane Phillips, c/1b/of, Chatham (Jr., Arkansas)
30. Andrew Toles, of, Brewster (So., Tennessee)

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I'm going to add in my notes on players I saw a bunch in bold.

Jaypers said:
Subscribers can also view scouting reports.

Note - Stanford righty Mark Appel and Florida catcher Mike Zunino both just missed qualifying for this list (which required one plate appearance per team game for hitters, 1/3 inning per team game for starting pitchers or 10 appearances for relievers). Both likely would have ranked in the top five had they been eligible.

1. Deven Marrero, ss, Cotuit (Jr., Arizona State)
(He played in 8 games I believe, he was a USA guy that got slightly hurt and went home. Everyone and their brother just gushed about him though when he was here.)

2. Chris Beck, rhp, Cotuit (Jr., Georgia Southern)
3. Ryne Stanek, rhp, Bourne (So., Arkansas)
4. Brian Johnson, lhp/1b, Yarmouth-Dennis (Jr., Florida)
5. John Simms, rhp, Falmouth (So., Rice)
(The single best closer I have seen on the Cape. John is someone I consider a friend as well, but damn did he have a great season. Zero Earned Runs, and 39 K's in 24.2 innings pitched. I'll have some video up of him at some point soon.)

6. Victor Roache, of, Cotuit (Jr., Georgia Southern)
(Simms vs Roache was the biggest match up of the season outside of the playoffs. Simms got the best of him, but Roache was an absolute monster through the season other than a huge slump at the end of the season that reportedly was because a close family member was sick and he was very stressed. He hit the ball a mile, and when my team faced him a lot of the time we just walked him.)

[youtube:vbzw9yuv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgh_0MQ_kPI[/youtube:vbzw9yuv]

7. Colin Moran, 3b, Bourne (So., North Carolina)
(Solid player that Adam aka NEC told me over and over that Falmouth should get before the season. He had a great year even though he got in a little late due to the CWS)

8. Kyle Zimmer, rhp, Cotuit (Jr., San Francisco)
(Nothing on him in particular, just why does Cotuit have so many top prospects but as a team they sucked so much)

9. Ryan Eades, rhp, Bourne (So., Louisiana State)
(He was probably the best pitcher we faced this season and absolutely dominated us.)

10. Travis Jankowski, of, Bourne (Jr., Stony Brook)
11. Richie Shaffer, 1b/3b, Chatham (Jr., Clemson)
12. Stephen Piscotty, 3b/1b/of, Yarmouth-Dennis (Jr., Stanford)
13. Brandon Thomas, of, Wareham (Jr., Georgia Tech)
14. Jason Monda, of, Brewster (So., Washington State)
15. Konner Wade, rhp, Wareham (So., Arizona)
16. J.T. Chargois, rhp, Brewster (Jr., Rice)

17. Andrew Heaney, lhp, Falmouth (Jr., Oklahoma State)
(Heaney was a kid I spent a lot of time during the season, and still spend a lot of time talking with. He pitched the single most dominant game I have seen a Falmouth pitcher throw in the Division Championship vs Wareham. He is as focused, and as much of a gamer as I have met. First time I talked to him our team hadn't won yet, and he talked about how he wanted to be the guy to put the team on his back and stop the bleeding. We lost that game 1-0. He put the team on his back, but there was no offense that day. He ended up coming up huge for us in the end.)

[youtube:vbzw9yuv]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWiewiqdpg[/youtube:vbzw9yuv]

18. Bobby Wahl, rhp, Cotuit (So., Mississippi)
(This was the pitcher for Cotuit that had the most hype while here. He was a dominant closer, and probably would have had an insane season if Cotuit ever had a lead.)

19. Josh Conway, rhp, Bourne (Jr., Coastal Carolina)
20. Buck Farmer, rhp, Chatham (Jr., Georgia Tech)
21. Carter Capps, rhp, Harwich (SIGNED: Mariners)
22. Kyle Hansen, rhp, Yarmouth-Dennis (Jr., St. John's)
23. Jack Armstrong, rhp, Yarmouth-Dennis (SIGNED: Astros)

24. Adam Brett Walker, of/1b, Hyannis (Jr., Jacksonville)
(This kid is a MONSTER, and you wonder how he doesn't get insane hype. But then you see his approach at the plate and him in the field and understand. When he hits it, holy S does he get all of it. He hit a HR vs Falmouth in the last regular season game that still hasn't come down. But when he looks bad, he really does. He is built like Jason Heyward when you see him.)

25. Austin Wilson, of, Harwich (So., Stanford)
(See everything I said about Walker about, remove the negative points, and you have Austin Wilson. Damn was he good)

26. James Ramsey, of, Yarmouth-Dennis (Sr., Florida State)

27. Jeremy Baltz, of, Falmouth (Jr., St. John's)
(Baltz was a Freshman that went insane with a boat load of Home Runs. The new bats came in and his numbers went way down. From talking to him and seeing him work this summer, I'd say it was more an issue with his coaches tinkering with his swing too much because they were scared of the new bats. He takes a professional approach to all his at bats, and may not demolish the ball over the fence every time now but he puts the ball in play and gets on base. He also should get honorary Canadian Citizenship with the level of his love for Rush.)

28. Dylan Floro, rhp, Hyannis (Jr., Cal State Fullerton)
29. Dane Phillips, c/1b/of, Chatham (Jr., Arkansas)

30. Andrew Toles, of, Brewster (So., Tennessee)
(Opening day for Falmouth was against Brewster. I was in the bleachers standing and watching the game on the 3rd base side. Toles hit a line drive that was about 3 inches from ending my life. The entire crowd gasped, as I just stared the ball down and leaned to the left as it screamed by me. It was the closest I have been to something like that, and literally could see the seams as it came at me. This is nothing about him really, I just remember every time after that I saw him bat I thought "He almost ended my life")

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts