Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Marques Colston 9-11 Game Used Patch by UD for SPA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I would love to have one of these. I personally thought that they should have done a redemption card good for a special jumbo card featuring the patch intact, but I still applaud them for turning it into a dedicated card run.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2011/09/brag-p ... bute-card/

2011-SP-Authentic-Marques-Colston-Hofstra-9-11-Patch-Card.jpg

About a year ago we shared a game-worn Hofstra jersey of Marques Colston we had acquired that had a very unique 9/11 commemorative patch. Careful consideration was given to how we would this patch. In the end, we decided we wanted to get it to fans live in an Upper Deck Football pack, which meant we would need to produce a standard trading card for the patch. Additionally, it meant we would have to cut it and we found that we could deliver four high-quality patch cards by doing so. Below is an example of the patch and what one of the final four cards will look like:

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Willywanker said:
So did they remove the patch from the Game used Blue jersey and just put it on a generic white jersey background? What gives with that.
No, they got it from the white Hofstra jersey that they got in for his first SPA jsy/auto cards. Here's the full pic. Not sure why they didn't use a white jersey photo, but they went with the blue.

2011-SP-Authentic-Marques-Colston-Hofstra-9-11-Patch.jpg

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Don't get me wrong, that card looks amazing but they shouldn't have cut the patch up. I would have much rather seen a redemption for the full jersey.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
deceptikon1978 said:
Don't get me wrong, that card looks amazing but they shouldn't have cut the patch up. I would have much rather seen a redemption for the full jersey.

As a card collector/seller only I disagree but overall I agree :D

Members online

Latest posts