Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps Update - Hope and Cognac parallels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Anybody realize what's going to be in this product?

They have a "hope" diamond parallel that has a blue tint and will be #'d/60. EVERY card from Series 1, 2, and Update will be inserted into Topps Update (even the HOF/legends SP's)

Then there is a "cognac" diamond parallel that has a sepia tone but topps says they are "limited" So I don't know if they are #'d or not.

Top that with the regular Update Diamond parallels, that's a lot of diamonds. :shock:

Is Topps going overboard with the Diamond thing?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
2011toppsussell4.JPG

Cognac looks pretty close to canary?

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
No, I love it! It'll be a real PITA with all the players I collect, but I always appreciate more potential cards to buy. The Hope parallels might be really attractive if they're the same shade as the actual diamond, so I am really looking forward to them. I wish they'd do away with the Target and Walmart issues for the Update though; those would make close to 10 different parallels of each card, that's just ridiculous.

EDIT: Like them both. I'm in.

I've recently started to trade for some of the diamond anniversary cards. Now with series two coming out, does that mean there will be hope, cognac, regular anniversary, and canary parallels?

Sounds like overkill to me. Maybe I might reconsider the diamond anniversary parallel set afterall.

Do they still have the topps black cards as inserts as well? What are those numbered to?

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
David Campos said:
I've recently started to trade for some of the diamond anniversary cards. Now with series two coming out, does that mean there will be hope, cognac, regular anniversary, and canary parallels?

Sounds like overkill to me. Maybe I might reconsider the diamond anniversary parallel set afterall.

Do they still have the topps black cards as inserts as well? What are those numbered to?

Topps Series 1 and 2 have Diamond parallels that are already out.

Topps Update appears to have Diamond parallels for the Update series, then cognac and hope parallels for series 1, 2, and update.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
James52411 said:
Anyone that likes 90s inserts and parallels and doesn't like this isn't being very consistent. Added value is always a good thing.

YES... ALWAYS a good thing. I've always thought it amazing how Topps (like it or not) can create value with paper plastic and photography. This IS added value and should be a whole lot of fun to rip. Topps collectors will go nuts for those parallels.

Members online

Latest posts