Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ah, Kevin Gregg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
I hated watching Gregg close for the Jays last year. Hated it. I was shocked when he signed a 2/$10MM deal in the off-season (but not at all shocked that it was the Orioles).

Anyway, Jays were down by 1 in the 9th today and imagine my disappointment when Clay Repada came back out for the bottom half. He struck out David Cooper and things were looking grim. Never fail! Showalter went to Gregg who struck out Lawrie. Two out, nobody on, two strikes on Kelly Johnson and then:

Walk, single, hit batter, wild pitch [probably a passed ball (tie game)], game winning, pich-hit single (Arencibia).

Ah, Kevin Gregg. Some things never change.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
braden said:
I hated watching Gregg close for the Jays last year. Hated it. I was shocked when he signed a 2/$10MM deal in the off-season (but not at all shocked that it was the Orioles).

Anyway, Jays were down by 1 in the 9th today and imagine my disappointment when Clay Repada came back out for the bottom half. He struck out David Cooper and things were looking grim. Never fail! Showalter went to Gregg who struck out Lawrie. Two out, nobody on, two strikes on Kelly Johnson and then:

Walk, single, hit batter, wild pitch [probably a passed ball (tie game)], game winning, pich-hit single (Arencibia).

Ah, Kevin Gregg. Some things never change.

I've HATED the signing from day 1. I was actually rooting for Big Papi, believe it or not.

EDIT: I just don't understand how you can let a guy with a career ERA of 4 and WHIP of 1.36 continue to close. The dude has never had an era under 3...and its not like he strikes people out like Craig Kimbrel or Carlos Marmol.

elemin8

Aug 7, 2008
Unfortunately the Jays closing situation hasn't improved since Gregg. Rauch or Francisco have done just as well.

Members online

Latest posts