Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Only 17 Major Leaguers have a....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
The system favors not getting a degree. Going into the minors out of HS seems to give you a better shot at getting to the bigs purely because you get 3 years in the minors compared to 3 years in college.

Plus, most degrees require 4 years to complete unless the person goes above and beyond expectations, and very rarely are top level talent MLB prospects not signing after their junior year

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
And you're not even going to give us a list?

A bunch are Ivy Leaguers right?

I was just watching a ball game and the announcers were talking about it...I think Allen Craig is one of them.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Ross Ohlendorf is one. Degree from Princeton in Financial Engineering. Completed his degree while playing in the Minors.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
200lbhockeyplayer said:
And you're not even going to give us a list?

A bunch are Ivy Leaguers right?
Im sure a lot of them are. I work at Yale and Im pretty sure two of them are Levarnway and Breslow.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I wonder if they're only counting players who went to four years of college and got a degree before being drafted. There has to be plenty of players who went back and finished their degrees during the offseasons. John McDonald has a BA from Providence College that he finished in 2010, after leaving school in 1996 six credits shy of his degree. I recall hearing of other players doing the same.

Members online

Latest posts