Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Turn for an eBay Steal!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Woo You Know It!

zack_ryder_crop_340x234.jpg

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
It's almost like they tried to make the worst auction possible. Misspellings of the two key words and a title with no mention of auto/GU or anything. Wow, good job.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Great find. I'm guessing you include the description in your searches. And based on how poorly the listing is worded, I'll bet your search is something like "and* mccut* (au*,sign*,jer*)". The wildcards on the first/last name should pick up most of the misspellings and then the text in parens picks up variations on autograph, signature, and jersey. For those of us looking for specific cards that may have odd references, the wildcards are very useful. And as the OP has shown, very good for a finding a steal here or there. Congrats again.

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
I don't want to give out my secrets but I might as well. I often like to search for misspellings . My favorite is "al* pu* -pujols". I found a lot of auctions where Pujols was spelled Puhols or Pujlos etc. By putting the "-" in front of the correct spelling it only pulls up the misspellings. Another is ken* grif* -griffey*.

oriolesfan0721

Jun 10, 2011
Roberto_Clemente_21 said:
I don't want to give out my secrets but I might as well. I often like to search for misspellings . My favorite is "al* pu* -pujols". I found a lot of auctions where Pujols was spelled Puhols or Pujlos etc. By putting the "-" in front of the correct spelling it only pulls up the misspellings. Another is ken* grif* -griffey*.

Very interesting, thanks. Didnt know about that search feature. Definitely some comical and interesting names out there. I used your "ken* grif* -griffey*" and found this one that gave me a laugh:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upperdeack-Ken- ... 3a6a441835

alwayson22

Dec 6, 2010
San Jose, CA

I can't imagine how many more "Duchscherer" cards I'll find with that search technique :lol:

Roberto_Clemente_21

Mar 24, 2011
alwayson22 said:

I can't imagine how many more "Duchscherer" cards I'll find with that search technique :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sports-Mem-Card ... 6.c0.m1538

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
~Nope, this is wrong. You should have messaged the seller to tell them that they spelled it wrong.

You should be ashamed for taking advantage of this poor, unfortunate seller~

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
ChasHawk said:
~Nope, this is wrong. You should have messaged the seller to tell them that they spelled it wrong.

Is there a specific reason you are bumping through four-month-old post or do you just want to be banned (Gilmore has said in the past been doing this will get you banned).

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
SydBarrett said:
ChasHawk said:

Is there a specific reason you are bumping through four-month-old post or do you just want to be banned (Gilmore has said in the past been doing this will get you banned).
::facepalm:: what Calendar do you go by? This thread was started on September 12 2011...so to date it is only 83 days old
no where near 4 months (which is 120 Calendar days) and it was brought back to life because of the Epic one right here. ;)
http://www.freedomcardboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=151373

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Pine Tar said:
SydBarrett said:
ChasHawk said:

::facepalm:: what Calendar do you go by? This thread was started on September 12 2011...so to date it is only 83 days old
no wear near 4 months (which is 120 Calendar days) and it was brought back to life because of the Epic one right here. ;)
and it will not work for Juan Gonzalez
icon_lol.gif

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
Pine Tar said:
SydBarrett said:
ChasHawk said:

no where near 4 months (which is 120 Calendar days) and it was brought back to life because of the Epic one right here. ;)

I was referring to in this thread from nearly 6 months ago. I also read that thread and, unlike many others decided that my opinions would be best kept to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts