Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the 2005 Diamond Kings Challenge set from?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I picked up a Nick Green from this set on Sportslot, not really knowing too much about them. Where did they come from? Are they supposed to be #'ed? Mine is just stamped Challenge, not a foil stamp either, just marked onto the card. Are they worth picking up for the roughly $1-$2 each I can get my PC players for?

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Does the card have the texture of the regular cards, or no? I have a Mulder without the texture, but I was thinking the normal Challenge cards had the texture.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
MacK said:
Does the card have the texture of the regular cards, or no? I have a Mulder without the texture, but I was thinking the normal Challenge cards had the texture.

Yes, it has the regular canvas texture. The non-canvas ones, without the texture, are one of the multitude of DK parallels, except they are both rare (print run of 20), and not terribly hard to find (I've found several in dime boxes, including a Rolen for the PC and another copy of the Mulder, and there's a Halladay on Sportslots for $1).

cubfan131

Aug 18, 2008
I think the Challenge set was a parallel that was redeemed for the first 450 or so people who collected the set and sent it in to Donruss.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
DeliciousBacon said:
MacK said:

Yes, it has the regular canvas texture. The non-canvas ones, without the texture, are one of the multitude of DK parallels, except they are both rare (print run of 20), and not terribly hard to find (I've found several in dime boxes, including a Rolen for the PC and another copy of the Mulder, and there's a Halladay on Sportslots for $1).

I know about the regular base cards with the non-canvas, but the Mulder I have is the Challenge card without the texture. I've not heard of any others, so I was assuming it was a printing error.

Collectors would have to make the set, then send it in to Donruss. Donruss would then stamp the collectors set with the challenge stamp on the side. I bought a set from Las Vegas Dan back in the day and it was missing a couple of cards. They also included a couple of printing plates when they sent the sets back and put the sets in some nice wooden boxes.

Someone just probably overlooked the non canvas card or whatever card you have or found and had it in their set they sent in to be stamped.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
MacK said:
DeliciousBacon said:
MacK said:

I know about the regular base cards with the non-canvas, but the Mulder I have is the Challenge card without the texture. I've not heard of any others, so I was assuming it was a printing error.

I think that is the one I sent you...you changed your name here right? That is a non canvas that was in the set I got back. Someone sent a set in for the Challenge that contained a non canvas Mulder and I got it. The non canvas only have a print run of 20 so I doubt there is another non canvas Mulder with the stamp out there.

Members online