Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Marquee titanic tank of doo doo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
Museum autos are about the only nice part of this product, except that the sigs (so far) look worn on them.
Titanic threads? Thanks for big white swatches. Titanic Threads patches? Nowhere to be seen...id be surprised if the /5 cards are in the product.
Base cards/base autos...anyone say stadium club rework?

Topps advertises at "something for everyone at a mid range price point" $50 per pack is NOT midrange, unless you're comparing to Exquisite.

Uggh, sorry for the rant...I was actually hoping a product might peak my interest. I can't remember the last time I was actually excited to buy a box or 2. Bright side is I save some money : )

agentjak

Feb 18, 2010
Colorado
Got to agree, nothing about this product so far makes me want to bust any of it..just let others pay the price and i'll pick up what I want and save a ton of cash.. :lol: :lol: and on a side note, since I havent seen any Rolen cards I doubt i'll be picking up much at all, expect for a few Braves here and there.. :eek: :eek:

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Everyone was freaking out when they cut production and people were thinking the product was loaded. Turns out Topps just decided they made too much of a terrible product so they cut the product in half.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Just got them in but from youtube, looks like 08 stadium club on roids.
Don't know if thats good or not yet.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
and the last great topps high end product was..........

The last Topps release that I consider to be "great" was the original release of Triple Threads, 2007 I think?

Although, that was kind of a rip off of Playoff Prime Cuts, just shinier.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Wow, just watched a case on youtube. This stuff is going to tank. I loved Tribute this year and did a lot of it, but after seeing Pagan autos to 600 and players of similar skill in every box, ugh. There will be some outstanding hits coming out of Marquee, but way too much bad to outweigh the good.

Ndepaul99

Jul 20, 2010
take this from a person who just opened a 6 box case today, i'll be happy to make $200 back on my $1,100 case, the stuff is garbage, and the kicker..... one of the nicer cards was a roy halladay quad patch jersey piece red parallel, one problem though, there werent any jersey or patch pieces in the card at all (scan to come later). gotta love a almost $200 box with $30 of value.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
I spent a LOT more money on unopened product back when I was a kid 10 years ago. The only Topps product I busted this year was a pack of Allen & Ginter. Topps has always been my least favorite card manufacturer and they are now allowing me to spend more money on the cards I really want.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
So far, I see that these jumbo titanics have the feel of a poor man's absolute memorabilia jumbo jersey cards....

Op, there is a patch /5 of frank Robinson titantic patch on ebay, as well as a jumbo mantle jersey which is sweet

I do, however, really like the design and auto ink colors, on card auto of those museum subsets. Those look really nice

Hard to judge still...so far, not so hot but I want to see more of those jumbo patches, quad patches and some Hank Aaron autos...

Dave

Ps - don't knock pagan. His auto sold for $15 ::facepalm::

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
when i 1st saw the jumbo gu i thought sweet the jumbo bat with on bat auto would be sick

then i see they leave a tab looking BS thing to put a STICKER auto on wth how can you call it an on card auto product when 99% seems to be stickers

and nice labeling of items

Threads (gu bat)

patches (Gu jerseys )

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
jmagic87 said:
when i 1st saw the jumbo gu i thought sweet the jumbo bat with on bat auto would be sick
Hmmm....where have I seen this before?

2008UltimateBatBarrelAuto9-25.jpg

2008UltimateCollectionHomePantsAuto.jpg

Is anyone really suprised that yet another topps set over-promised and under-delivered?

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
I opened a pack today because I basically had a free $50 to work with. The highlights were an Ervin Santana on-card auto /300 and a Mariano Rivera parallel /199. Even though I essentially got it for free, I couldn't help being a little bummed.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Brett Keith said:
I opened a pack today because I basically had a free $50 to work with. The highlights were an Ervin Santana on-card auto /300 and a Mariano Rivera parallel /199. Even though I essentially got it for free, I couldn't help being a little bummed.
as you damn well should be getting that out of a $50 pack

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts