Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

kyle drabek

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyd2107

Oct 29, 2009
Anyone think Kyle Drabek can finally perform like the highly touted prospect he once was, granted he is only 23 years old but this year he couldn't seem to find the strike zone at all. I am hoping he can become at least a solid major league starter.

Not to mention I have a pretty small collection of him going and would like to see him perform well.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
I'm more invested in Drabek than anyone else on the board. I'm certainly with you in rooting for him, but I've heard rumors that he'll need a second round of TJ. He's still young, but I was really hoping this would be the year to unload and makie a killing. Had I been less "loaded" on Drabek, I probably could have sold out at the right time and been out with a nice stack of green, instead I just sold just a few cards and still have a nice stack of Black, Gold, Red, Orange, Blue and many other colors.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Where'd you hear the TJ bit? Because that hasn't been mentioned once in the Toronto media, blogs, or anywhere. Everything has been about how his mechanics are just a complete and total disaster right now.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
drabek is pitching like an injured pitcher and i'm guessing it will come out sooner or later.

The funny thing is, he's not pitching like someone injured at all. His velocity's there. I've seen (countless, it seems) Jays go down to TJ or shoulder problems and you can feel it coming. Drabek's a completely different case. He's pitching like an AJ Burnett. His head is completely out of whack. You can see he's actually scared to pitch.

I'm not saying he's not injured. It's certainly a possibility. But he has sucked for pretty much four months now and there hasn't even been a whisper of anything wrong aside from a total abandonment of any semblance of mechanics. He's a mess.

sebpoo

Aug 7, 2008
Montreal, P.Q.
braden said:
phillyfan0417 said:
drabek is pitching like an injured pitcher and i'm guessing it will come out sooner or later.

The funny thing is, he's not pitching like someone injured at all. His velocity's there. I've seen (countless, it seems) Jays go down to TJ or shoulder problems and you can feel it coming. Drabek's a completely different case. He's pitching like an AJ Burnett. His head is completely out of whack. You can see he's actually scared to pitch.

I'm not saying he's not injured. It's certainly a possibility. But he has sucked for pretty much four months now and there hasn't even been a whisper of anything wrong aside from a total abandonment of any semblance of mechanics. He's a mess.

I've seen a high nuber of Jays game this year and i tend to agree with you. I have rarely seen a guy being all wrong as he was this year.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
The TJ speculation I read was on Twitter by one of the national baseball writers. I don't remember which one. It was just speculation and I'm sure it was just based upon "what else could make someone that was THAT good suddenly become THIS bad THIS quick". Braden you probably know better than that baseball writer having actually seen him pitch. Personally head problems probably concern me more than a physical ailment that is correctable.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
BowmanChromeAddict said:
The TJ speculation I read was on Twitter by one of the national baseball writers. I don't remember which one. It was just speculation and I'm sure it was just based upon "what else could make someone that was THAT good suddenly become THIS bad THIS quick". Braden you probably know better than that baseball writer having actually seen him pitch. Personally head problems probably concern me more than a physical ailment that is correctable.

Oh, I hear you. I'd much rather he be injured. My concern is he does seem to have the proverbial ten-cent head. Now, he's obviously young enough to mature and gain composure but he strikes me as the type of guy who can come unravelled and quickly. Having watched Burnett here for three years I see way to much of AJ in Kyle.
Combine that with the fact he has always walked a good number of guys and it seems to be a recipe for disaster. Again, he's certainly still young enough to turn things around (hell, the greatest example of this happened before our very eyes in Halladay) but I've lost a chunk of faith. Were he still eligible for prospect rankings, I'd certainly have him behind Alvarez and Hutchison and perhaps even McGuire.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
braden said:
phillyfan0417 said:

Elbow injuries don't necessarily result in a loss of velocity. Command usually suffers though. Shoulder's typically impact velocity.

Members online

Latest posts