Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your franchise's Mt. Rushmore

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
Copied from the baseball boards.

The Tennessee Titans is rather easy for me. If you want to go Titans/Oilers:

Warren Moon, Earl Campbell, Steve McNair, Eddie George

If going Titans only, it's not as easy.

Steve McNair and Eddie George for the first two. For the last two, I can't decide as easily. Should I go offense all the way with Mason and Wycheck? Or do Bulluck and Kearse deserve consideration?

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
For the Pokes, first three are easy:

Staubach, Emmitt, Lilly

but then it's get tough.

Landry, Irvin, Randy White, Woodson, Dorsett.

maybe even DeMarcus Ware, but it might be too soon.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
gt2590 said:

Staubach, Emmitt, Lilly

but then it's get tough.

Uhh, Aikman?

Eagles: Bednarik, White, Cunningham, VINCE YOUNG

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
JoshHamilton said:
gt2590 said:

Staubach, Emmitt, Lilly

but then it's get tough.
Uhh, Aikman?

Eagles: Bednarik, White, Cunningham, VINCE YOUNG

I really don't see Aikman as a "Rushmore" type guy.

But the Fourth Eagle is tough too. Most fans would say B-Dawk, but I might go Bergey. And you're right on Randall being there, even though McNabb was the Better player.

Zeeck

Mar 29, 2010
Aurora, IL
Bears: Payton, Grange, Luckman, Butkus

Tough to leave out Sayers, Singletary, Hampton, Dent, George and on, but someone has to be out. And I'd probably have to take Luckman out to make room for Halas if we're going beyond players

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
ffgameman said:
Copied from the baseball boards.

The Tennessee Titans is rather easy for me. If you want to go Titans/Oilers:

Warren Moon, Earl Campbell, Steve McNair, Eddie George

If going Titans only, it's not as easy.

Steve McNair and Eddie George for the first two. For the last two, I can't decide as easily. Should I go offense all the way with Mason and Wycheck? Or do Bulluck and Kearse deserve consideration?

No Robert Brazile? Not a Titans fan but I would have Brazile and/or Bethea on there.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
Zeeck said:
Bears: Payton, Grange, Luckman, Butkus

Tough to leave out Sayers, Singletary, Hampton, Dent, George and on, but someone has to be out. And I'd probably have to take Luckman out to make room for Halas if we're going beyond players

I don't know about Grange. He brought a lot of publicity to the game but wasn't stellar at the pro level.

dfr52

Aug 10, 2008
gt2590 said:

Staubach, Emmitt, Lilly

but then it's get tough.

Agreed on the first 3 but the 4th would be a tough pick. I would still include Aikman in the group of possible candidates for the 4th spot though.

cartersprings

Aug 7, 2008
MN
Minnesota Vikings

I'd say:
Cris Carter, Fran Tarkenton, Alan Page, John Randle/Adrian Peterson. It's a tough call for me on the last spot, but I'd probably give the edge to Randle at this point.

Honorable mention: Randall McDaniel, Carl Eller, Jim Marshall, Paul Krause, Randy Moss.

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
Seattle Seahawks:

Steve Largent, Walter Jones, Matt Hasselbeck and unsure of the 4th. Was thinking either Mack Strong or Shaun Alexander...

And I'm personally trying to base this on who was most productive in their position and actually lasted a good amount of years.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Gotta be Zorn on the SeaHawks list, even if it means dropping Hasselbeck. And I'd make Kenny Easley my 4th.

And JH and DFR, I think he's only talking about the INDY Colts...

tpeichel

Oct 10, 2008
cartersprings said:
Minnesota Vikings

I'd say:
Cris Carter, Fran Tarkenton, Alan Page, John Randle/Adrian Peterson. It's a tough call for me on the last spot, but I'd probably give the edge to Randle at this point.

Honorable mention: Randall McDaniel, Carl Eller, Jim Marshall, Paul Krause, Randy Moss.

I think you need to put Moss over John Randle. He was such a unique player. Only other thing I'd change is adding my all-time favorite Viking to the honorable mention, Chuck Foreman.