Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Batting Practice at Wrigley Field

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
From a Steiner email today... Seems like an awesome deal.

Ever wanted to take batting practice like the pros? Now is your chance to do so at historic Wrigley Field! Right now, Steiner Sports has a very limited number of spots to participate remaining, at the unheard of and never before offered price of just $100.00 per person! This Batting Practice event takes place on Sunday, September 25th, 2011. Please call us at 1-800-759-SCORE to purchase your spot today! Don't wait as these spots will be gone in the blink of an eye!

-Two 4-5 minute rounds of actual batting practice on the field!
-Tour of Wrigley Field
-Food Included

ideal0024

Jan 22, 2009
Maplewood, MN
I'm guessing the Cubs are not in town that day & it's an empty stadium. Day before my birthday though, if my gf is reading, that would be a cool present!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
zookerman182 said:
Thats a really good price for something like that. Something about it seems too good to be true.

I mean, i cant stand the cubs, but its BP @ Wrigley.

They probably give you 4-5 throws from a pitching machine.

It's still cool though.

The angels do this every year before thanksgiving as a way to raise some money/canned goods for those less fortunate.

I've taken BP at Anaheim. In the past it was two canned goods per pitch or $1 donation per pitch with a 20 pitch maximum.

You can also shag balls in the outfield if you make another donation and pitch in the bullpen and clock the speed of your pitches as well.

I'm going to try to take BP again this year. Last year got rained out but hope I can get a chance to go again this year.

G

The Twins should do this, they can take the 3 best hitters from the batting practice and offer them a spot in the joke of a starting lineup they have.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
I've done this at Candlestick a couple of times in the mid '90's. The Giants did it all up we got to dress in the visitors locker room one year and the next we used the Niners locker room. We got a tour of the Giants locker room and the dugouts. We shagged balls and took BP, about 20 -30 pitches and learned from some older Giants like Bill Laskey, Vida Blue and Tito Fuentes. The tours were conducted by long time Giants announcer Lon Simmons, we had a hot dog lunch in the dugout and got Giants shirts for participating. After lunch we had a small game against the fomer players, I got an infield hit off of Laskey but Vida Blue made me look stupid the next year, he was taking the game way too seriously. It was a fantastic experience our families got to come and sit in the stands, our names were on the scoreboard and for one we were MLB'ers. The cost was high, I think $300 to $600 per they were my graduation presents from my Dad when I graduated high school.

rymflaherty

Aug 7, 2008
Saw this e-mail as well......my initial thought was also that it seemed rather reasonable, if not a deal, for an experience like that.

Then I was confused because Steiner was offering something that I thought was an actual deal (that wasn't a promo code we weren't supposed to have) and that they were doing something like this in Chicago.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
.grandson at local minor league stadium so TAKE your cameras
05-08-2011092550PM.jpg

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
The groundskeepers at Wrigley are pretty protective of that field so I would not be surprised to see this BP take place under the bleachers where the pros hit when its raining. This way they can herd you into the right field gate, march you over to the cage without messing up the field and walk you out when its done. I would ask Steiner if this is an on field event or is it in the bleacher batting cage.

Members online