Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Red Sox Nation, when....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Longoriafan3

Sep 11, 2011
...will you begin to worry about not making the postseason? You guys have been outplayed in every aspect of the game against the rays this year

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Fellow Rays fan, I'd suggest we start the trash talk once we've made it to the postseason.

Prepare to get blasted by the Nation. There are several members here.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Longoriafan3 said:
...will you begin to worry about not making the postseason? You guys have been outplayed in every aspect of the game against us this year

If the Sox (not "us", since I don't play for them) don't get a split of this series, then I worry. Tonight wasn't a worry, since I didn't think it was going to be a win anyway.
If the series splits, then math says it's all but over. If Tampa takes 3 of 4, then it's a legitimate worry.

RiceLynnEvans75

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
It's a game that I have zero control over since I'm not part of the team, therefore I will not refer to the Red Sox as "us".

I will not worry one way or the other. If they go to the post season, great, I can watch them a little longer. If not, my life will continue to go on as it does every day and the Red Sox will once again start a new year in April 2012.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Damn, the Yankees still have seven games against the Rays.

With seven against the Rays and three against the Red Sox I'd say the Yankees just might hold the fate of all three teams.

jdsingar

Feb 10, 2011
As a Red Sox fan, i'd say I started worrying a few days ago. The Rays have definitely outplayed us, but we still had a decent cushion for the wild card spot. Now, not so much.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
KC37 said:
If the Sox (not "us", since I don't play for them) don't get a split of this series, then I worry. Tonight wasn't a worry, since I didn't think it was going to be a win anyway.
If the series splits, then math says it's all but over. If Tampa takes 3 of 4, then it's a legitimate worry.

When your favorite team has the second worst attendance in baseball you feel as if you are part of the team. Believe it or not, the Marlins average more fans per game.

Longoriafan3

Sep 11, 2011
Jaypers said:
Fellow Rays fan, I'd suggest we start the trash talk once we've made it to the postseason.

Prepare to get blasted by the Nation. There are several members here.
very true, I can tell now that they are offended by my referral of "us"

Longoriafan3

Sep 11, 2011
vwnut13 said:
KC37 said:

When your favorite team has the second worst attendance in baseball you feel as if you are part of the team. Believe it or not, the Marlins average more fans per game.
post thanked... I haven't been to the trop in years since im in jersey but when I went and this was back in 2007, there were about 15K fans there, and around 12K i'd say were Yankees fans.... you really do feel like you are a part of the team when there are minimal fans

I'm hoping the Rays, Sox, and Yankees have a dogfight and end up splitting a bunch of games which might allow the Angels to somehow sneak into the wild card. Doesn't look like they are going to catch the Rangers with their weak schedule the rest of the year. They have Seattle and Oakland left before a 3 game series in Anaheim. The halos have to hope they are still 3 games out or less and hope for a sweep vs. Texas.

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
Ill start worrying when (IF) the Patriots suck. I dont care about baseball until the playoffs once football starts.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Longoriafan3 said:
...will you begin to worry about not making the postseason? You guys have been outplayed in every aspect of the game against the rays this year

They'll start watching the GREATRIOTS

coltsnsox07

Aug 19, 2008
I just can't believe Boston rolls out pitchers like Lackey, Wake, recently Weiland, and wonderful trade deadline pick up Bedard, Aceves is the best #3 and that's not saying much. All this $$ and zero pitching depth. I'll cling to my 04 and 07 memories because this team has almost no chance of going anywhere in the playoffs(if they get in).

Members online

Latest posts